Porsche 718 Forum banner
1301 - 1320 of 1326 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome to the crazy world of 718 acceleration. These road rockets can scoot.
My own fault. We had been watching a Euro fighter Typhoon, from BAE systems at Salmsbury, maybe, doing shakedown loops over the Ribble estuary and all that speed and noise got my juices bubbling I was on a quiet back road and popped him in to sport and floored the loud pedal in second at 10mph, if I hadn't pulled the upshift paddle at 7000, I am sure he would have gone to the limiter.... Hells bells these cars are fast..... Need to take my tablets and calm down now

·
Registered
Cayman GTS 4.0
211 Posts
My own fault. We had been watching a Euro fighter Typhoon, from BAE systems at Salmsbury, maybe, doing shakedown loops over the Ribble estuary and all that speed and noise got my juices bubbling I was on a quiet back road and popped him in to sport and floored the loud pedal in second at 10mph, if I hadn't pulled the upshift paddle at 7000, I am sure he would have gone to the limiter.... Hells bells these cars are fast..... Need to take my tablets and calm down now
That's a blast from the past. I grew up down the road from Salmsbury (Mellor) and loved watching some of the test flights from there.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
That's a blast from the past. I grew up down the road from Salmsbury (Mellor) and loved watching some of the test flights from there.
What I'm finding interesting: when I first joined this Forum and placed my order for the Bee not many of us had received their new babies yet. Now many of us are getting the road miles in and reporting on their adventures. Lot's of excitement seeing it all come together. Keep pressing that pedal gang....

·
Registered
589 Posts
Some pictures from this weekends trackday event with some friends on a beutyful track in Sweden, we where 2 GT4RS, 3 992 GT3, 1 lamborghini Huracan performante, Mercedes AMG GTR and some more nice cars, the GT4 RS i a monster to drive, 104 DB in the cabin, you need earplugs...

View attachment 45641 View attachment 45643 View attachment 45644
I figured the GT4RS would be loud inside the cabin - with the intake plenum and the air intakes running on the interior it would be a very noisy environment

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,999 Posts
Car's a beauty, but whenever I hear/read "North Yorkshire" I immediately think of ale, and how the pint mark is like 2" below the top of the glass. Yum.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Car looks great! I love Guards but these two photos show how hard it is to capture / assess reds. On my device and to my eyes, the top picture looks on the pink side while the lower looks almost like lava orange. I’d say the reality is in between - a true red with a hint of orange. Always pays to see these colours in person. Cheers

·
Registered
341 Posts
Car looks great! I love Guards but these two photos show how hard it is to capture / assess reds. On my device and to my eyes, the top picture looks on the pink side while the lower looks almost like lava orange. I’d say the reality is in between - a true red with a hint of orange. Always pays to see these colours in person. Cheers
You are right about the colour shift. I would need to shoot in raw and then colour correct after the fact to get the right shade and I have hundreds of images with a spread from Carmine Red to Lave Orange. The shift is less when I take shots with a camera and not a cell phone

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Car's a beauty, but whenever I hear/read "North Yorkshire" I immediately think of ale, and how the pint mark is like 2" below the top of the glass. Yum.
You had me at Pint. I've a longtime friend who is never without a ruler and always checks his pints for accuracy. He claims the ruler is required as part of his job (USA and International Cycling Commissaire). However, I never saw him brandish that ruler at any of my races and suspect it's just to enforce the "pour line."

·
Registered
448 Posts
Absolutely.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,402 Posts
That's the best looking "Guards Red" (grey) Box I've seen in ages. You all can just go on and on regarding the different tints in different lights..... Means not a hill of beans to me.... OK, I'm done with my self-pity moment. Enjoy your 16.7 million different colours and shades. I'll keep my 256 grey's thank you.....

1301 - 1320 of 1326 Posts