Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
My First

My first was a 911 Targa which I purchased used from a gentleman in Palos Verde Estates in California. It was immaculate as it was in his garage covered & the top was sealed in a protective case. Would have never sold it, but needed the money to purchase a home. It only took 40 years to get back in the saddle again.

·
Registered
264 Posts
This was my last car that I traded in for the Cayman 2013 981

The previous two before the one above. Blue 2.7 986 and then the Yellow 2.7 987

And before that my Z3 that nearly killed us as it was so slow. It was a 1.9

They are the ones that I will admit to for the time being. I will try to find one of my first car. a MK5 Ford Cortina.

·
Registered
320 Posts
2014 Subaru BRZ Limited

Reactions: trusted

·
Registered
720 Posts
Miata NB daily driver / track rat.

Bought new in late 2000 as a left-over for $18000

It was an amazingly competent car that kept up with much faster cars on the track while requiring almost no maintenance.

Hated to sell it but no room at the hacienda.

The first photo is outside Waterloo Village. I still have the MGB. The track photo is at Pocono.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tried a Z4 but couldn't get on with it plus also no boot with the roof down.
I did like the Z3 I had although it was too slow.
I did enjoy the z4. I thought it was a big leap forward in styling from the z3 and the 3 litre engine was a great engine.

The low profile run flat tyres were a disaster though. They were prone to cracking which meant you had to get the whole alloy replaced. That was expensive and happened more than once. they eventually sorted it out with the design but never admitted it was wrong to start with.

The low profile run flats also made the ride so hard and uncomfortable over uneven roads (i.e. every road in the UK). Going over a small pothole meant you felt as if the car had just been hit by a truck.

The ride quality in my CGTS is like a Mercedes S class in comparison!

I never really enjoyed the 435. Was just a bit dull and bland and "meh".

·
Registered
274 Posts
Missing a photo of my 2000 Audi TT Roadster.

2004 SVT Focus
2014 Fiesta ST
2016 Focus RS

·
Registered
264 Posts
I did enjoy the z4. I thought it was a big leap forward in styling from the z3 and the 3 litre engine was a great engine.

The low profile run flat tyres were a disaster though. They were prone to cracking which meant you had to get the whole alloy replaced. That was expensive and happened more than once. they eventually sorted it out with the design but never admitted it was wrong to start with.

The low profile run flats also made the ride so hard and uncomfortable over uneven roads (i.e. every road in the UK). Going over a small pothole meant you felt as if the car had just been hit by a truck.

The ride quality in my CGTS is like a Mercedes S class in comparison!

I never really enjoyed the 435. Was just a bit dull and bland and "meh".
My 718 is great on our roads, Much better than my 981.
I had a 330i cab and I thought it was a bit something and nothing too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Previous Porches, last two I still own!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
From 2007-2015 I had a bunch of beaters not worth uploading, 96 Jeep GC, 93 Mazda Protege, 2005 Toyota Echo, 2004 Subaru Forester. Then got to the fun stuff

2016 WRX (picture is at Bonneville Salt Flats)
2015 M3 (Watkins Glen)

And my current, the 718 S

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
1963 Ford Falcon Sprint V-8 / 1976 Triumph TR-7 / 2004 MazdaSpeed / 2012 Porsche Boxster

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
1963 Ford Falcon Sprint V-8...……………….
A '63 Falcon Sprint V8! NOW you're talking!

Ford entered one of those in the '63 Monte Carlo Rally.

The following year an FIA Falcon Rally Sprint V8 won every stage of the '64 Monte (but the handicap arrangement awarded the win to the BMC Minis). They also raced those V8 Falcons in the early Trans-Am Series (built by Holman & Moody).

Always loved the racing Falcons: we have one that vintage races with us. Easy to build a clone these days but real ones are super rare.

Also, nice TR7. "The Shape of Things to Come." :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
A '63 Falcon Sprint V8! NOW you're talking!

Ford entered one of those in the '63 Monte Carlo Rally.

The following year an FIA Falcon Rally Sprint V8 won every stage of the '64 Monte (but the handicap arrangement awarded the win to the BMC Minis). They also raced those V8 Falcons in the early Trans-Am Series (built by Holman & Moody).

Always loved the racing Falcons: we have one that vintage races with us. Easy to build a clone these days but real ones are super rare.

Also, nice TR7. "The Shape of Things to Come." :)
It took 10 weeks to get that 1963 Falcon Sprint V-8. By the time it came in the dealer realized the demand and wanted more money, but I refused to pay more. It was a great car for its time and came standard with chrome engine covers and A-Pillars, bucket seats, 4-speed manual transmission and tachometer. The 1963 Sprint V-8 was the predecessor to the original 1964 Mustang, sharing all components except body sheet metal.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 132 Posts