Porsche 718 Forum banner

Share Pictures Of Your Previous Cars

72K views 358 replies 157 participants last post by  JRS 
#1 ·
Share Pictures Of Your Previous Cars With The 718 Community! :)

#2 ·
My First

My first was a 911 Targa which I purchased used from a gentleman in Palos Verde Estates in California. It was immaculate as it was in his garage covered & the top was sealed in a protective case. Would have never sold it, but needed the money to purchase a home. It only took 40 years to get back in the saddle again.

#6 ·
Miata NB daily driver / track rat.

Bought new in late 2000 as a left-over for $18000

It was an amazingly competent car that kept up with much faster cars on the track while requiring almost no maintenance.

Hated to sell it but no room at the hacienda.

The first photo is outside Waterloo Village. I still have the MGB. The track photo is at Pocono.

Reactions: PorscheJohnny
#14 ·
From 2007-2015 I had a bunch of beaters not worth uploading, 96 Jeep GC, 93 Mazda Protege, 2005 Toyota Echo, 2004 Subaru Forester. Then got to the fun stuff

2016 WRX (picture is at Bonneville Salt Flats)
2015 M3 (Watkins Glen)

And my current, the 718 S

Attachments

#15 ·
1963 Ford Falcon Sprint V-8 / 1976 Triumph TR-7 / 2004 MazdaSpeed / 2012 Porsche Boxster

Attachments

#17 ·
1963 Ford Falcon Sprint V-8...……………….
A '63 Falcon Sprint V8! NOW you're talking!

Ford entered one of those in the '63 Monte Carlo Rally.

The following year an FIA Falcon Rally Sprint V8 won every stage of the '64 Monte (but the handicap arrangement awarded the win to the BMC Minis). They also raced those V8 Falcons in the early Trans-Am Series (built by Holman & Moody).

Always loved the racing Falcons: we have one that vintage races with us. Easy to build a clone these days but real ones are super rare.

Also, nice TR7. "The Shape of Things to Come." :)

Reactions: DerpinDaisy
#23 ·
Linking to hosted photos

Everyone,

Because of the recent issues with attachments, I highly recommend using a free photo-hosting service such as imgur or Flickr and linking to those hosted images within your post.
Among other factors, attachments:
- can't be seen well or readily, even when working
- are hosted on 718Forum's server as a separate image, which forces your computer to download the entire raw image to your browser's cache instead of using a 'preview' of the image within the post
- are limited by file size
- are susceptible to platform coding issues

To help facilitate this, below are instructions for linking to an image in Flickr. Imgur works similarly and is, in fact, a little easier:

On Flickr:
1) Navigate to the album/Photostream and click on the image to embed
3) On the resulting image, click on the 'Download this image' icon (an arrow pointing down to a horizontal line) in the lower right corner
4) In the resulting popup menu, choose 'View All Sizes'
5) On the resulting image, right-click and choose 'Copy image address' (iOS) or 'Copy Image Location' (W10)

Then, on 718Forum.com (Post Editor screen):
6) Position cursor where the image should appear in the post
7) Click the 'Insert Image' icon (yellow with gray mountans and moon)
8) In the resulting popup, paste the image URL, then click 'OK'

Thanks for considering this, everyone.

Reactions: R Doug
#27 ·
Bought in 1979, drove until 1989, Then put in storage from 1989 - 2010. Restoration started in 2013 till 2017.
Rebuilt EVERYTHING. Many upgrades. Still have it.

Now

Plus I just like this picture.....

#29 ·
So the deal was: If I sold or at the very least, listed the 300ZX and the Golf R, I could place an order for a 718 Cayman (the married men in the group will understand this "deal"). You'll see one pic of the Golf R on a dyno, I didn't care much for the near mint 300ZX, but my Golf R was a complete APR Stage lll that dyno'd at 380hp to the wheels and 365lbs of torque! Thats a lot for an AWD Golf that weighs less than 2900lbs... The E46 M3 in the pic was a few cars ago. Amazing drive, but the SMG transmission was a nightmare to repair... I've had a bunch of cool cars, but these were the only ones that I was able to post quickly...

Attachments

Reactions: Graustark
#30 ·
Here is a car like I had back in the late 1970s. A 1968 MGB with electric overdrive in 3rd and 4th gears. Not overly powered but lots of fun to drive. Never seemed to have to slow down for curves and corners. Did have to keep a spare fuel pump to clean the contacts on and then replace with the current one failed. If I'm recreating a moment in time with my base 2019 Cayman, this is probably the reason. Of course, this isn't a picture of my car, but one I got from the Kurt Turner Motorcars site: Kurt Tanner Motorcars

Reactions: Treemagnet
#32 ·
A couple of mine

Attachments

#35 ·
I had 2 supercharged BMW E92, they where quite fast
here is a race against a turbo S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvw9iukonbg&t=4s
and another one against a c63 amg, i chrashed this Bmw one the track,losing the brakes doing 200km/h
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxjjK9EW044

On the second vid @peaedvard tells them that they can get a head start and the camera guy tells the Merc driver to jump the start :D
Well that did not help much, **** fast that BMW!
Sorry to hear about the crash, hope your did not hurt yourself!