Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m starting to think the Cayman T is a great weekend package car that will last many years, with pressure to go electric and I’m guessing sky fuel prices for ever more this will be the fun car to own, I love my Cayman S and I wasn’t looking to replace it until I built up a Shark Blue 718T, has anyone seen a photo? If so I would love to see it

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
When I ordered my T in May the performance exhaust system was part of the standard performance package. (My delivery is in mid-December.) I would be pretty "teed off" (excuse the pun) if that car arrives without the performance exhaust.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I just got an e-mail from my sales advisor. For the North American market the Sport Exhaust is still part of the standard performance package for the Cayman T.

I just checked the technical specifications and the Sport Exhaust is still listed under "Performance".

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got an e-mail from my sales advisor. For the North American market the Sport Exhaust is still part of the standard performance package for the Cayman T.

I just checked the technical specifications and the Sport Exhaust is still listed under "Performance".
This was my understanding as well when I checked on my 2022 T coming to US early next year.

·
Registered
24 Posts

I believe this all ties back to the gas particulate filters which are mandated in Europe now? My T being delivered in US shows Sport Exhaust as standard equipment but I haven't been able to confirm whether the GPF would be on my car or not. I have heard conflicting information and my SA wasn't sure either. I would think if the car will have the Sport Exhaust then it wouldn't have the GPF?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you go to the configurator the centre consul no longer has the sport button but it’s visible on the cayman S, the Cayman S also let’s you listen to the exhaust but the T does not, this is unfortunate

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you go to the configurator the centre consul no longer has the sport button but it’s visible on the cayman S, the Cayman S also let’s you listen to the exhaust but the T does not, this is unfortunate
Yep, I just looked and, even on the US configurator, the sports exhaust button (binoculars button) is gone. Sports exhaust still shows in the standard equipment however. Not sure why the button is gone.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Yep, I just looked and, even on the US configurator, the sports exhaust button (binoculars button) is gone. Sports exhaust still shows in the standard equipment however. Not sure why the button is gone.
Maybe the Sport Exhaust only comes on when you are in Sport +. If that is the case I am okay with that because I will only drive in Sport +.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The US configurator renders are often times for the global market and they don't make changes for regions. It had the cubby hole for PCM delete on the T for the longest time even though that's not possible to have in the US because of reverse camera mandate and bumper lights are always clear despite orange for the US.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Maybe the Sport Exhaust only comes on when you are in Sport +. If that is the case I am okay with that because I will only drive in Sport +.
The reason the button no longer appears is because the graphics for the configurator vehicle’s baseline appearance is derived from how the car looks for the German market - it also showed the head unit missing although that was never possible in the US. I don’t know if they never bother to adapt the US configurator images to reflect our market’s spec, or whether they are just slow to do so (the head unit’s there now) but this came up several times when I ordered my Macan; the pictures just reflect the one standard trim.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
The reason the button no longer appears is because the graphics for the configurator vehicle’s baseline appearance is derived from how the car looks for the German market - it also showed the head unit missing although that was never possible in the US. I don’t know if they never bother to adapt the US configurator images to reflect our market’s spec, or whether they are just slow to do so (the head unit’s there now) but this came up several times when I ordered my Macan; the pictures just reflect the one standard trim.
Thank you for the explanation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m starting to think the Cayman T is a great weekend package car that will last many years, with pressure to go electric and I’m guessing sky fuel prices for ever more this will be the fun car to own, I love my Cayman S and I wasn’t looking to replace it until I built up a Shark Blue 718T, has anyone seen a photo? If so I would love to see it
I ordered a Shark Blue Cayman T as my first Porsche. The T is what got me truly interested in buying one. Yes the GT4 is amazing but the T is special as a last manual gas sports car that I will buy new. The fact that you get everything from the GTS except the motor and actually a few things you can't even get in the GTS make it even more special. The black interior trim, the GT4 short shifter, not available in the GTS or S, the perfect color wheels, not black but dark, the side decal, blacked out windshield washers, offset mirror color and most of all cloth seats. The T feels special, like a nod to late 90s, early 2000s sports cars. I loved everything about the T more than the S except that I wish it came with the S motor. I even prefer the black calipers as they look more function over the somewhat blingy, look at me red calipers. Up to the lock date, I was spec'ing an S with most of options but in the end, the coolness of the T package won out despite the smaller motor. I am also looking for pictures of an actual T in Shark Blue but my freeze date has passed so I guess it doesn't really matter anymore except that I am dying to see if it will look good. Your S looks amazing and while I think the T is really special package, I don't know if I would trade your S for it. My car is not due until late February 2022 but I see two shark blue Ts will be delivered to the US before then. I estimate a month or two since they are already showing up on Posrsche USA site. So if you run across a picture of shark blue Cayman T before, please post it. This is all I have for now.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 35 Posts