Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I considered the Numeric shifter, but instead went with the GT4 shifter in each of my cars and am totally happy with them. The shifter in the Boxster has an aftermarket Raceseng weighted shift knob and the 911 has what is basically an OEM CF shift knob but ordered from DFB Carbon with matching red stitching on the boot and red shift pattern and numerals on the CF knob. Both feel much better in terms of shifting action and height vs the original shift assemblies height.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
There is confusion on my part which shifter this really is - I've read it is the same as the T shifter. What part number did you install?
I saw on a review site that the short shifter has a different linkage than stock. I cannot confirm this.
Fits quite a few cars and of different generations. Short Shift Kit

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Just checked. I don't recall that the earlier description said anything about being "spring loaded". The price is up $30 too.

Wonder if it's simple supply and demand or they raised the price because they added the spring?
The stock shifter has a spring as well. This is the same old GT4 shifter that some of us have installed in our cars ............................ just $30 more because they can change $30 more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts