Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and to Porsche. Coming from a history of sports cars from Toyota, BMW and Nissan. Now with more coin to spend, many Cayman GT4 video's later and with pricing now out, along with the remaining vital information typically needed... I'm slowly starting to consider the Cayman. BUT i'm open to just about anything in the segment; F-Type, M3, Corvette, you name it.

Are you guys purely set on the Cayman/Boxter? What else do you have on your list?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm new too, but I was kinda looking towards the 16' Alfa Romeo 4C Spider. Pretty much the same price range, small 4 cylinder turbo engine, 2 seater. Only thing is, I don't think the 4Cs interior is up to par with the 718s..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't mind the differences in interior since at this point my main motivation for getting a vehicle in this segment is for performance. Even though I like Porsche a lot, their interiors need improvement, designs aren't that great, but my reasons for wanting one go well beyond the interior.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have you considered looking towards the Mercedes-AMG SLK55 ? 5.5L V8, relatively small vehicle, pretty much ball park price as a fully-loaded 718 cayman I believe ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you considered looking towards the Mercedes-AMG SLK55 ? 5.5L V8, relatively small vehicle, pretty much ball park price as a fully-loaded 718 cayman I believe ?
Not interested in the SLK at all. Just something about it turns me off. As for the Germans, what I am looking forward to is the upcoming Z5 that will share a platform with the next Supra.

About that 4C. As nice as it looks on the outside and even inside (reminds me of a F430 Ferrari), looking into it more, this video took it off my list:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not interested in the SLK at all. Just something about it turns me off. As for the Germans, what I am looking forward to is the upcoming Z5 that will share a platform with the next Supra.

About that 4C. As nice as it looks on the outside and even inside (reminds me of a F430 Ferrari), looking into it more, this video took it off my list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyL-5WQzMQE

Nice ! Didn't know the Z5 and Supra will be sharing a chassis ... a little bit of BMW never hurt anybody. I haven't heard anything about the supra for a while actually.. anything new in that world ?

As for the 4C, I myself am definitely taken away from it after seeing that video .. so impractical !

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not too sure... I may still be interested in the 4C regardless of impracticality.. Just have a secondary vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice ! Didn't know the Z5 and Supra will be sharing a chassis ... a little bit of BMW never hurt anybody. I haven't heard anything about the supra for a while actually.. anything new in that world ?

As for the 4C, I myself am definitely taken away from it after seeing that video .. so impractical !
Haven't seen or heard anything new aside from spy shots. We still have a long way to go before hearing about any specifics. All you'll hear at this point is speculation.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Haven't seen or heard anything new aside from spy shots. We still have a long way to go before hearing about any specifics. All you'll hear at this point is speculation.
Ahh .. much like the "Honda S2000 2.0", I've seen so many different speculations it's ridiculous.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pretty much, Seen things everything ranging from it'll be $25k to someone else saying it'll be priced in the $80-$95k range. Everything is speculation unfortunately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts