Porsche 718 Forum banner

Should I get the GTS or S?

4200 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  riburn3
I originally wanted the GTS for the slightly bigger compressor wheel but with only 20 whp extra vs S when tuned. I will definitely be modifying the suspension as well so don't need the 20mm drop that the gts comes with as well. Probably rare track usage so not sure I need that extra radiator either. So besides that and the badge, are there any other reasons I should opt for a GTS? It seems they are a good $10K-$15K higher in the used market as well and much more rare (and yes I get the resell value will be a bit better).

Also maybe a hybrid turbo in the pipeline in the next couple of years?
1 - 1 of 11 Posts
As much as I know you can spec an s with 20" wheels, spasm, sport chrono, TV. The only thing you can't get in an S is the extra 15HP. So unless you're going for the gts 4.0, you can buy an S and spec it with all the goodies the gts has. My s is white and the most beautiful rim for a white Cayman/Boxter IMHO is the 20" black which is not available for the regular and s models. Only for the T and gts.
1 - 1 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.