Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
In March, 2019 it was the Siem Cicero that delivered my Boxster to the Jacksonville, Florida port after a stop in Davisville. I also tracked it across the Atlantic. In mid Atlantic, for about 26 hours, it appeared to be stopped and just drifting around the same location. I do not know if it was an intentional delay effecting its arrival in Davisville or a mechanical casualty. I am vicariously enjoying you all tracking this ship as my GF and I had a very enjoyable time doing the same thing a little over three years ago. I guess it was kinda a nerdy thing to do maintaining a plot of its progress but I didn't really care waiting for our ~$100K new toy. We hope you all enjoy your new car as much as we have.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 6MT
31 Posts
My TYD shows entry in to the Port of Houston on 12 AUG 22. I place about ZERO RELIABILITY on the accuracy of that estimate. LOL. Given the port delays I've been hearing about in Houston...I'd guess yours is much closer to reality.
View attachment 45115
Concur with the TYD being all over the map! Here's my screenshot - Interesting it's 19Aug also for dealer arrival - That dog don't hunt!
Font Science Terrestrial plant Slope Parallel

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In March, 2019 it was the Siem Cicero that delivered my Boxster to the Jacksonville, Florida port after a stop in Davisville. I also tracked it across the Atlantic. In mid Atlantic, for about 26 hours, it appeared to be stopped and just drifting around the same location. I do not know if it was an intentional delay effecting its arrival in Davisville or a mechanical casualty. I am vicariously enjoying you all tracking this ship as my GF and I had a very enjoyable time doing the same thing a little over three years ago. I guess it was kinda a nerdy thing to do maintaining a plot of its progress but I didn't really care waiting for our ~$100K new toy. We hope you all enjoy your new car as much as we have.
Thanks Barry! I didn't pay for the Satellite AIS...I'm too cheap...however the shore-based AIS is free and entertaining. Not nerdy at all. Why? Because I SAY SO! LOL. I'm guessing everybody does it at some point. I tracked the MB I had built in 2014 the same way...even saw it live on a Maryland DOT CCTV camera as it passed under a large bridge and proceeded up the channel to Baltimore. I need to see if I can find any cameras showing the shipping channel in Houston.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Siem Cicero SITREP: The ship spent the earlier part of today pierside at Davisville, RI and is underway again steaming due south at 16 knots towards her next destination of Jacksonville, FL. Estimated arrival time at Port of Jacksonville is 0500 EDT on 05 AUG 2022.
Ecoregion Purple Organism Font Pink
Ecoregion White Map World Font
Sky Naval architecture Font Screenshot Vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm beginning to really wonder now. Yes...IF she can steam directly in to port and moor pierside in Houston...I agree...12 AUG could definitely be possible.
View attachment 45185
I have a Macan GTS on that ship joining my design edition cayman. My est is showing the 14th for Houston Dealer delivery. Love that there are people tracking this ship!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts