Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sir - Wondering why JAX is not your port vice HOU? Assuming its endstate is Nashville? Porsche decision?
Great question! Jacksonville, FL is about 175 highway miles closer to Nashville than Houston, TX. My guess is Porsche NA has predetermined logistic chains setup for the various US dealerships...and accordingly Nashville is served by the Houston POE chain. Or conversely...I may be entirely wrong.

The best delivery story I've heard so far was when Treemagnet's BGTS 4.0, bound for the Port of Houston, was mistakenly offloaded and left in Jacksonville instead. His dealership was located in Texas. THAT was interesting to watch! LOL. He can certainly speak to the story better than I...however rest assured, it did NOT accelerate his already VERY DELAYED delivery!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great question! Jacksonville, FL is about 175 highway miles closer to Nashville than Houston, TX. My guess is Porsche NA has predetermined logistic chains setup for the various US dealerships...and accordingly Nashville is served by the Houston POE chain. Or conversely...I may be entirely wrong.

The best delivery story I've heard so far was when Treemagnet's BGTS 4.0, bound for the Port of Houston, was mistakenly offloaded and left in Jacksonville instead. His dealership was located in Texas. THAT was interesting to watch! LOL. He can certainly speak to the story better than I...however rest assured, it did NOT accelerate his already VERY DELAYED delivery!
Jim,

Looks like my GT4 took the same routes.

Terry

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 6MT
39 Posts
Porsche business economics I guess? And ouch for Treemagnet's vehicle! Murphy's Law.

OBTW - Saw your Spyder build on another thread - Impressive - I assume you are honoring the USN with blue & gold body paint & wheel color combo? Nice touch. And that's coming from an Army man. Although I did spend two years with y'all in Monterey, CA.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Porsche business economics I guess? And ouch for Treemagnet's vehicle! Murphy's Law.

OBTW - Saw your Spyder build on another thread - Impressive - I assume you are honoring the USN with blue & gold body paint & wheel color combo? Nice touch. And that's coming from an Army man. Although I did spend two years with y'all in Monterey, CA.
LOL and thanks! Never thought of it that way...but you're right!! I too spent two years at Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey. Had several Army classmates! Small world! Our son is a West Point grad...we sit on the 50-yard line!

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 6MT
39 Posts
LOL and thanks! Never thought of it that way...but you're right!! I too spent two years at Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey. Had several Army classmates! Small world! Our son is a West Point grad...we sit on the 50-yard line!
Those colors run deep.....even in the subconscious. I appreciate your son's service to our nation!

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Siem Cicero SITREP 0700 CDT SUNDAY 07 AUG: Siem Cicero departed the Port of Jacksonville, FL at 1832 EDT SATURDAY 06 AUG, and is underway steaming towards her next destination at the Port of Houston, TX. Estimated arrival time in Houston is WEDNESDAY 10 AUG 2022 at 1300 CDT.

FWIW, the WEDNESDAY 10 AUG 2022 expected arrival time at Houston is two days earlier than estimated by my TYD. It'll be interesting to see how much time, if any, the Siem Cicero has to hold off the Port of Houston awaiting a pierside mooring for unloading.
Ecoregion Map Font Slope Rectangle
Product Sky Naval architecture Vehicle Watercraft

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Siem Cicero SITREP 0530 CDT MONDAY 08 AUG 2022: Siem Cicero is steaming on a southwestwardly heading this morning approaching a position abeam Key West, FL. She will very likely fall off terrestrial-based AIS as she steams in to the Gulf of Mexico en route the Port of Houston, TX.

The "unknowns" for Port of Houston: significant port congestion which could delay her ability to get a pierside mooring for the unloading process. And the ongoing question of whether some cars were shipped without essential parts, thus placing them in a "STOP DELIVERY" situation, either at the port of entry or the dealership.
Slope Map Font Circle Magenta
Watercraft Product Naval architecture Sky Font

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 6MT
39 Posts
Hmmm...missing essential parts?

Is there a history of this issue/challenge? I'm showing my ignorance here...maybe shipped without ground effects, front spoiler, or rear diffuser?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Siem Cicero SITREP 0700 CDT SUNDAY 07 AUG: Siem Cicero departed the Port of Jacksonville, FL at 1832 EDT SATURDAY 06 AUG, and is underway steaming towards her next destination at the Port of Houston, TX. Estimated arrival time in Houston is WEDNESDAY 10 AUG 2022 at 1300 CDT.

FWIW, the WEDNESDAY 10 AUG 2022 expected arrival time at Houston is two days earlier than estimated by my TYD. It'll be interesting to see how much time, if any, the Siem Cicero has to hold off the Port of Houston awaiting a pierside mooring for unloading.
View attachment 45389 View attachment 45390
Jim D,

So, finally it's now officially headed to the Houston, Texas USA port. 🇺🇸

At least things are slowly moving in the right direction. (y)

Terry

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hmmm...missing essential parts?

Is there a history of this issue/challenge? I'm showing my ignorance here...maybe shipped without ground effects, front spoiler, or rear diffuser?
We've had several new sports cars sit at our local dealership in a "STOP DELIVERY" status while awaiting parts from Porsche. The TPM communications management module comes to mind. They've been parking them on the showroom floor with "SOLD - Please Don't Touch" signs. Or something to that effect.

·
Registered
589 Posts
We've had several new sports cars sit at our local dealership in a "STOP DELIVERY" status while awaiting parts from Porsche. The TPM communications management module comes to mind. They've been parking them on the showroom floor with "SOLD - Please Don't Touch" signs. Or something to that effect.
there are also vehicles assembled on the line without the Bose amplifier module - dealers are sitting on vehicles and once the module is received, then releasing the vehicle for delivery

just saw a C GT4 that was going through final prep - it was held for the Bose amplifier module - otherwise, non-op radio and (if equipped) Navigation

21 - 40 of 85 Posts