Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Forum pages are loading slower than a one legged tortoise with a limp for me.

Also getting the "push notifications" box which does not want to cancel.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Site’s performance is the worst I’ve seen on the Internet since the internet came to be. I rarely call out people or things in extreme criticism, but I mean, I am just dumbfounded! On the average it is 15-20 seconds between each click on the site and the start of the loading of the page. Yesterday, the site was completely down for most of the afternoon between roughly 1-6pm EST.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Still slow loading threads. Verrrrrry slow. :( I noticed the Macan forum uses the same platform and look. Is it safe to assume it's run by the same folks? That site is marginally better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Seems to be running better today.
Except for the part where I was getting "down for maintenance" or something like that for about half 30min an hour or so ago.

·
Registered
768 Posts
And except for the popup that says Join Our Community/Login With... and stays up to cover up the Login button even when you are already trying to log in.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I agree this site is generally slow in responding to clicks. I have noticed it many times and just assumed it has something to do with the amount of bandwidth available to the server that serves this forum as sometimes it does respond in a comfortably snappy manner. No matter what, there is too much really good stuff and opinions (even those I don't agree with) available here for it to matter much more than being noticed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
So for the last hour or two the site has been running fast -- or really at normal speed compared to the rest of the internet. I swear this is the first time since I've been a member in four months that I have experienced this site running at normal speed vis a vis the rest of the web. (y)

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
I actually had problems only on the first access to the site from the bookmark. The responsiveness of the site varied, but most of the time was ok.

I chalked up the initial delay to the fact that the servers are most likely in Canada and the DNS had to do some more searching to find them.

·
Administrator
330 Posts
Have you guys experienced any slowness lately. We have implemented a fix that should have resolved the most recent performance problems.

~Austin

·
Registered
137 Posts
Agreed. Much better last two days or so.

·
Registered
604 Posts
So for the last hour or two the site has been running fast -- or really at normal speed compared to the rest of the internet. I swear this is the first time since I've been a member in four months that I have experienced this site running at normal speed vis a vis the rest of the web. (y)
I agree. A pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Same for me. I just deleted my cookies and did the "sign out and update" on my desktop. Seems to be a little faster now.

update: I spoke too soon, the above post took 2 minutes to load :sleep:

·
Administrator
330 Posts
Hey All,

We will continue working on speed until it's going good for all.
The Push should load once for those who have not selected "Not Now" and then never again.

Thanks for letting us know where to direct our efforts.
Gerrit

41 - 60 of 60 Posts