Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day finally arrived and I picked up my 718 Boxster Saturday morning. I have spent most of the weekend enjoying the 718 and getting used to driving a manual trans again. I will keep this fairly brief tonight as I only have about 200 miles on the clock so far.

My first impression overall is that this is a fantastic car!!! I know I know--tell us how you really feel. The ride quality is very smooth for a rear wheel sports car. I wasn't sure what to expect as far as ride quality since I have 20in tires and I don't have PASM. I don't find the ride harsh or bumpy. I feel that the 718 takes the road well and seems to absorb various rough roads. The interior is surprising roomy for a two seater. I got the partial leather black/bordeaux red interior and it looks great especially with the GT Silver exterior. I have the basic 2 way sport seats and I find them very comfortable.

As for the drive--well it is a blast! The low end torque is very noticeable and it makes taking off from a stop a lot of fun. The cornering is probably the most impressive aspect of the 718. I took the Boxster on several back roads and twisties, which put a permanent grin on my face. You have so much confidence when you take the turns. Of course I didn't really push the car because it is still the break in period. This is going to be really difficult staying under 4500 rpms for 2000 miles--the car just wants to go!!

My only disappointment so far is in myself.:eek: I am soooo glad I got the 6MT but I need to get better at heel-toe and rev matching--I am really out of practice.

So everyone-- as you can tell I really like the car. I know it's early and I will certainly post a more extensive review after I have logged more miles and especially after the break in period. Initial impressions :D. I have posted a few pictures--will add more later. Saturday the weather sucked and didn't have much of a chance for top down driving. Today, however, was 65 and sunny--got to really enjoy the Boxster in its natural habitat.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apologize for the pics. Tried to fix them with no success--they looked fine when I posted them. I will post more later--hopefully correctly.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my friend, hope that car puts miles and miles of smiles on your face.

And the $64 question - exhaust sound? Any thoughts?
I can't believe I didn't address this. I have stock exhaust and IMHO it's great. I know many knock the sound--say it sounds like a Subaru. I guess I come at it from a different perspective. I haven't had a Boxster before so I don't have that comparison to make. To me it sounds aggressive especially in sport--lots of growling--pops and gurgles. As for it sounding like a Subaru--I wouldn't know. I haven't owned one nor do I know what one sounds like. After driving the 718 all weekend I can't imagine being disappointed in the sound.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes!!! I took the 718 over to a friend's house today for its first bath. I love the GT Silver!!!
GT Silver looks like liquid metal shimmering in the sunlight. Such a classic Porsche color especially with the red interior.

Finally starting to get some real top-down weather.

I have an appointment to pick up my 718 Boxster S tomorrow. Really looking forward to getting it and the 70F Jersey weather this week.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes!!! I took the 718 over to a friend's house today for its first bath. I love the GT Silver!!!
Looks great. I would love to get a gander the red interior with the roof open.

BTW, what headlights do you have? I thought that there were only 2 headlight choices (Bi-Xenon and the LED). Your headlights don't look like the LED units. I have the Bi-Xenon, and my headlights look different than yours. Just curious.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great. I would love to get a gander the red interior with the roof open.

BTW, what headlights do you have? I thought that there were only 2 headlight choices (Bi-Xenon and the LED). Your headlights don't look like the LED units. I have the Bi-Xenon, and my headlights look different than yours. Just curious.
Here are a few interior pics. My headlights are the Bi-Xenon PDLS Porsche Dynamic Lighting System.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GT Silver looks like liquid metal shimmering in the sunlight. Such a classic Porsche color especially with the red interior.

Finally starting to get some real top-down weather.

I have an appointment to pick up my 718 Boxster S tomorrow. Really looking forward to getting it and the 70F Jersey weather this week.
Tomorrow is the big day!!! Don't do what I did at delivery. I was so excited that I forgot to take any pics at delivery. Looking forward to your first impressions. Enjoy this beautiful weather with your new ride.:D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Here are a few interior pics. My headlights are the Bi-Xenon PDLS Porsche Dynamic Lighting System.
Nice looking interior.

Regarding your headlights..., I think it's the ambient lighting in your photo.. The "Swoosh" that encircles your headlights really stands out in your photo. I was optically deluded. :) I have the same headlights and never really noticed that swoosh detail.

Reactions: fjk737

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks really nice! Your interior color combo is one of my favorite choices. Nice to see how it looks in the 'wild'.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts