Porsche 718 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Where did you end up ordering from? I've been asking around over the past week to find the best way to get it into Canada :)
We can help you with that - either direct or through a dealer! We did some "delivery optimization" for InTgr8r.

-Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Receive my x-pipe and tailpipes from Soul and installed it a few hours later, sound beautiful! Very nice in Sports mode, pops & gurgles galore.
Took me about an hour to install by myself and this without a lift or any special tools, just backed the car onto some ramps.
Excellent part, packaging and instructions.
Working with Mike was a pleasure, very knowledgeable and he patiently answered all my questions.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I'm considering adding your X-Pipe to my order. Any signifiant change in sound with PSE and your high flow downpipe? I'd rather not drop the coin for a cosmetic change.
Receive my x-pipe and tailpipes from Soul and installed it a few hours later, sound beautiful! Very nice and in Sports pops & gurgles galore.
Took me about an hour to install by myself and this without a lift or any special tools, just backed the car onto some ramps.
Excellent part, packaging and instructions.
Working with Mike was a pleasure, very knowledgeable and patiently answered all my questions.
That's awesome to hear, I think mine is shipping towards the end of the week.

I just added one of their x pipes as well, I've gone this far, why not?

Any special issues or tips on the install? If I remember or in other words not too excited and forget, I'd like to do an install video.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have the x-pipe as well. (not yet installed)
I also added turn down tips due to stringent noise restrictions at one of the tracks I go to regularly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not a "spring chicken" anymore, 65 this coming May and it only took me between 45 min. to an 1hr. from start to finish working by myself. Granted it's a new car (2019 Boxster S) so I didn't have to deal with rusted nuts or bolts but if you just go thru the enclosed install instructions it's very straightforward.
Useful tip is to disconnect the driver's side pipe from the y-pipe instead of the passenger side if you have PSE like I do, that way you don't have to touch or disconnect the PSE valve.
Just take your time and work safe, there's nothing to it, even the tools needed are listed in the instruction sheet. I'm 100% happy with mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You have to unhook one of the catback pipes to be able to spread the exhaust at the x-pipe (after the mufflers) in order to install the x-pipe.
On my 2019 Boxster S the passenger side pipe incorporates the Porsche Sport Exhaust valve, I just opted not to deal with it and removed the driver's side pipe which is just a straight pipe to the driver's side muffler.
Once disconnected and everything was loosened I just "wiggled" it to remove the original tailpipe and then reassembled everything with the new Soul x-pipe in place.
Once you read the install sheet, look at the pics and get under the car it'll all make sense.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Photo is of the driver's side/section, the PSE valve is attached to the passenger side.
There is only one valve, at least on my 2019 Boxster S.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts