Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it's another grabby title to let you know that as of today, 9/21/2022 I have 24 sets of H&R Lowering Springs in stock for 718's. After months long backlog, H&R is finally catching up! Now, here's the downside, their retail price is up to $499. As always, I love saving my 718 family money and if you are looking for a great price on some 718 H&R sport springs, I can deliver for you. Just shoot me a DM!

The H&R Sport Springs will lower your Base, S or GTS 1.5-2.0" and offer a balanced ride quality leaning to the sport performance side. These are PASM compatible, etc.

Caveat: Since these also fit 981's they will sell pretty quickly.

Coil spring Font Electric blue Wire Fashion accessory

Ready to order, have more questions? Just Ask, I'm here to exceed your lowering expectations. :p

Dave @ SOUL;)
[email protected]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Do you also have available Eibach or Techart springs that don't slam the car as much as the H&R's? I'm looking for a compromise that lowers the car about half as much. If you can offer a good price on those as well count me in. I thought in my springs searching I had seen a post about someone from Soul trying to contact Eibach.

575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you also have available Eibach or Techart springs that don't slam the car as much as the H&R's? I'm looking for a compromise that lowers the car about half as much. If you can offer a good price on those as well count me in. I thought in my springs searching I had seen a post about someone from Soul trying to contact Eibach.
Eibach doesn't list fitment of their springs for the 718 (although the 981's would fit, perhaps its a spring rate difference they haven't addressed).

I believe we 'can get' TechArt. If not, I have a few dealers who I could refer you to for exceptional service.

H&R offers their VTF with is .4-1.0" lowering in the front and a non-adjustable .08" in the rear. 4 sets in stock. Those retail for $799. (Generic Pic Below).

Coil Coil spring Font Auto part Shock absorber

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think the reason I ruled these out is -

Tire Rack says:
  • Note: Avg. low 1.2-1.8"F & 1.8"R
  • w/ PASM, front only height adjustable.
  • w/o PASM front only height adjustable.
  • Lowering varies by engine size, battery package, and model options.
FCP Euro says -

981 & 982 Chassis Boxster and Cayman Lowering Amount with PASM
  • Front Lowering: 0.4"-1.0"
  • Rear Lowering: 0.8"
982 Chassis Boxster and Cayman Lowering Amount without PASM
  • Front Lowering: 1.2"-1.8"
  • Rear Lowering: 1.8"
Did you mean to say .08" rear?
Is the fixed rear lowering .08"? .8"? 1.8"? PCM dependent?

Nobody seems to have good/consistent data and if the rear lowering is 1.8" that's way too much.

575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just called H&R and spoke with someone who seemed to know exactly what I was asking. The adjustable springs have a fixed lowering of 1.8" on a non-PASM car. That's just too much, for me at least.
I'm running H&R Sport on my 986S and, well, they are perfect when the road is such... otherwise, a little on the firm side with the B8 dampers.

The info I have on the VTF is from the H&R Distributor, so it's likely a mis-print.
Rectangle Font Circle Paper product Number

·
Registered
2018 Base Cayman 6MT, BC coilovers , AP catback, MRR wheels, Softronic tune
263 Posts
I have a base cayman with the base suspension. The H&R springs lowered my car quite a bit. 1.89" or 48mm is what I noticed on my car. I have switched to coilovers as I thought is was too low for the street.

Here is what it looked like after the install. It looked good and low and the springs road decent with the OEM struts. I would highly suggest installing adjustable sway-bar links anytime you go low, this way you can dial the spring tension out of them.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Shipping box Eyewear Packing materials Rectangle Wood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts