Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is there a proper southern California thread somewhere that I'm missing? We should keep this going. I have yet to join in on any fun meet ups but I see things every now and then pop up that look fun.

I think there was Professor Run gathering last weekend I saw on Instagram that I wanted to join. I don't know anything about that group but seems fun and lots of Porsches to ogle.

Also - I saw there is a Sportscar Together event upcoming from Porsche but no idea what that means as I'm generally new to Porsche as an owner.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, yes Festival of Speed was last weekend at Fontana Speedway....It was a great time.
We should definitely get a group together. Every last sunday of the month is a cars and coffee in irvine.
I have been attending with a few Ferrari friends and Porsche also.
See the picture below for address.
Get there early as the parking is limited.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just recently, "2 weeks ago"traded up to a Lava Orange GTS...I have an appointment next week for expel and window tint so I have been avoiding the freeways for now and will not be attending this weekend.
I am definitely up for a drive...beach, mountains, maybe even to big bear would be fun!

Lets get a roll call going

Southern California :

1. Robh....Lava GTS

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
It's definitely high time for 718Forum.com to have standalone regional forums. I'll ask the admin about setting those up as a new standalone subforum, similar to how specific exterior-color threads are broken out as a subforum in the Photos and Videos forum. Personally, I'd rather not make the regional threads (like this one) that already exist in the General Discussion forum 'Stickys'; that would push the thread cue 'below the fold' on the forum landing page.

Stay tuned, y'all!

Reactions: caymander

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure whether to start a separate thread for this but there's a loosely-related Porsche LA based drive/meet up this Sunday Jul 29th, at 8:30am

Professor Run is teaming up with Cars & Coffee LA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlkR76SnqUD/

The Professor Run is proud to announce that we are teaming up with Cars and Coffee Los Angeles @carsandcoffeelosangeles this Sunday to bring you an ideal day of fun with cars. Join @carsandcoffeelosangeles at 7am for cars, coffee, and camaraderie, and later, at 8:30am, join The Professor Run for a 150-mile romp through the local mountain roads, with a shorter route available for those less ambitious or short on time. The longer route includes a stop for lunch at the reknown Newcomb's Ranch @newcombs__ranch
The Professor Run, like Cars and Coffee Los Angeles, is fun and FREE! All cars welcome. Adults only please. Routes and maps provided. See you there!

Meet at:
2725 Hyperion Ave.
Los Angeles, Ca. 90027
7am. Drive at 8:30.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I haven’t found a SoCal spotted thread, so I’ll post here. I saw this 718 in front of the Santa Monica Swim Center. Also, the other day I was going up the PCH around Malibu and I was being followed in my Carrera T by a white 718....either base or S model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts