Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the plunge after reading a lot of opinions. Purchased some spacers…I decided to try 12mm front 15mm back…
wow…no way! I tried the 12’s on the front…didn’t like how they poked out. Tried them on the back…also too much poke for me. Thinking 7mm all around might be perfect.
going to see if I can send these back …nice quality product. At least my brakes and wheels got a good cleaning!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
1,379 Posts
So I took the plunge after reading a lot of opinions. Purchased some spacers…I decided to try 12mm front 15mm back…
wow…no way! I tried the 12’s on the front…didn’t like how they poked out. Tried them on the back…also too much poke for me. Thinking 7mm all around might be perfect.
going to see if I can send these back …nice quality product. At least my brakes and wheels got a good cleaning! View attachment 51275
Loads of conversations all over the forum on spacers and then sizes used, just search "Spacers" :cool:
Most common still seems to be 15mm rear/7mm front - I have this on mine and am very pleased with the results but each to their own of course, you have to be happy with what you then fit.

· Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
1,379 Posts
Morning Box,
No, I have not advised them :cool:
Only seen the feedback recently and almost anything classed as a "mod" should be advised as I understand.
My issue is my insurance is a web only thing - that is, I cannot actually speak to someone Human to discuss - my excuse here anyway !!!!!!!

· Registered
2018 718 CS
328 Posts
I got 10mm for front and 12mm for rear, and I agree that 12mm poke a bit on the rear. So I can see how 15mm would look and poke even more (I would not put them on mine either).

10mm in the front is the perfect fit, and I believe 10mm in rear would be perfect fit as well. For now I left the 12mm in the rear and got used to them, but may go to 10mm in the future.

I agree, anything between 7 to 10mm would be best fit all around.

I guess the difference in opinion here lies on what you want to align. Because of the concave shape of the tire, the part that touches the rim pokes more than the top of the tire. If you are trying to align the top of the tire to the fender, then I guess 15mm is OK, but the wheel itself will poke out. But, if like me, you are trying to align the rim to the fender, then 7 to 10mm should do it, and you will see 15mm as poking out too much.

· Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
1,379 Posts

Attachments

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got 10mm for front and 12mm for rear, and I agree that 12mm poke a bit on the rear. So I can see how 15mm would look and poke even more (I would not put them on mine either).

10mm in the front is the perfect fit, and I believe 10mm in rear would be perfect fit as well. For now I left the 12mm in the rear and got used to them, but may go to 10mm in the future.

I agree, anything between 7 to 10mm would be best fit all around.

I guess the difference in opinion here lies on what you want to align. Because of the concave shape of the tire, the part that touches the rim pokes more than the top of the tire. If you are trying to align the top of the tire to the fender, then I guess 15mm is OK, but the wheel itself will poke out. But, if like me, you are trying to align the rim to the fender, then 7 to 10mm should do it, and you will see 15mm as poking out too much.
I just ordered 7’s all around so we shall see. I’ll take pics.

· Registered
2.0 Cayman PDK
360 Posts

· Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
1,379 Posts
Looks perfect. I ordered my RSS 7’s but they sent silver lug bolts. Having a **** of a time trying to get them to send me black ( as specified in their description). I can’t even find the right ones online!
I saw plenty of both black and silver bolts and sold separately to the the spacers if needed.
What I did then have an issue on was the correct sizes to then use vrs spacers if already got but assume you could measure and order in that way.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts