Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am looking to purchase Wheel Spacers for my cayman. Does anyone know what spacers specifications or types i should be looking for? I need a 5 or 10mm spacer. I can't seem to find any online for the cayman 718. Does anyone know if i can use spacers from previous generation?

Regards
Nim

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have experimented extensively with spacers on my 718 Boxster S. 5,7,10, and 15mm. What I found to be the best match was 7mm front and 10mm back.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have experimented extensively with spacers on my 718 Boxster S. 5,7,10, and 15mm. What I found to be the best match was 7mm front and 10mm back.
Any pictures?

Rippey

·
Registered
388 Posts
Advice would be greatly appreciated:

I ordered a set of 20" Carrera Sport Wheels for my 718 Cayman. My original idea was to order a set of H&R Springs and have a set of light spacers to go with this configuration. Recently, I might of decided against this idea since my wife might also be driving the car and she has little to no experience driving a lowered car.
Instead, I ordered PASM on the car and decided to go with a more aggressive configuration on my spacers. With this setup I will retain the factory suspension, with NO alterations. Question is, if I want a flush look, what's the best spacer size front and back?
I have a buddy with a 718 Cayman that already has H&R springs, no PASM, and 7mm spacers up front and (I think) 15mm out back. Car looks Great! I drove it... It didn't rub or bottom out, but it is really low. I'll enclose some pics if I can figure out how.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nope! Can't figure out how to upload a pic... ? as usual!

·
Registered
6 Posts
BTW, have a complete (all 4 wheels set) of factory 5mm spacer sets with lug bolts I would let go cheap.
Do you still happen to have these spacers?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Advice would be greatly appreciated:

I ordered a set of 20" Carrera Sport Wheels for my 718 Cayman. My original idea was to order a set of H&R Springs and have a set of light spacers to go with this configuration. Recently, I might of decided against this idea since my wife might also be driving the car and she has little to no experience driving a lowered car.
Instead, I ordered PASM on the car and decided to go with a more aggressive configuration on my spacers. With this setup I will retain the factory suspension, with NO alterations. Question is, if I want a flush look, what's the best spacer size front and back?
I have a buddy with a 718 Cayman that already has H&R springs, no PASM, and 7mm spacers up front and (I think) 15mm out back. Car looks Great! I drove it... It didn't rub or bottom out, but it is really low. I'll enclose some pics if I can figure out how.
Thread revival. But... I need to see this to figure out which spacers to go with on mine!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thread revival. But... I need to see this to figure out which spacers to go with on mine!
No problem! You teach me how to post a picture here and I'll show you pics of my buddies car I mentioned above :D Unfortunately, I'm serious... Yes, I am that stupid. I don't know how to post pics in forums. I've had this problem since birth :crying:

·
Super Moderator
1,944 Posts
No problem! You teach me how to post a picture here and I'll show you pics of my buddies car I mentioned above :D Unfortunately, I'm serious... Yes, I am that stupid. I don't know how to post pics in forums. I've had this problem since birth :crying:
Oh dear:eek:

Scroll down the page until you see the "Quick Reply" message area.

Directly beneath that is a smaller area entitled "Drag and Drop File Upload" with a dotted rectangle labelled with "Drag files here to attach!"

Drag the pic from your hard drive to that rectangle. Wait until it copies the file from you computer. Done.

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Oh dear:eek:

Scroll down the page until you see the "Quick Reply" message area.

Directly beneath that is a smaller area entitled "Drag and Drop File Upload" with a dotted rectangle labelled with "Drag files here to attach!"

Drag the pic from your hard drive to that rectangle. Wait until it copies the file from you computer. Done.
Nope! So I use the latest Samsung Android tablet. I can't figure out how to drag anything! I tried above as well. Hence the empty post

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nope! So I use the latest Samsung Android tablet. I can't figure out how to drag anything! I tried above as well. Hence the empty post
I tried doing it on my Pixel C and I couldn't make it work. I was only able to use the drag and drop feature on a desktop computer.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I tried doing it on my Pixel C and I couldn't make it work. I was only able to use the drag and drop feature on a desktop computer.
There's gotta be a way! It's really frustrating! I know I'm not some genius, but c'mon... I just wanna post pics like the rest of the forum communities. Full disclosure: I've also had a problem posting pics in other automotive forums in the past. At that time, using a different device of course. The common denominator is me!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,944 Posts
Ah, I'm on a laptop.

Try this--scroll down, choose "Go Advanced" then "Manage Attachments" on the new page. You will have to know where the pics are located.

I can't try it 'cause I don't have a tablet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
@NOTOY any profile pictures of your 718 with those spacers? Would love to see how she sits. Currently have 5mm in rear for clearance for my 18”.

Rippey

1 - 20 of 24 Posts