Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My next video is dedicated to the build. Tell me if I’m wrong but the whole point of buying base model is in keeping it simple in my opinion. Had to split the story in half so here’s the first part.

Here’s the link to my Porsche Code.

Please don’t hesitate to share yours🤗

P.S.: Potential T Manual owners need to test drive base model more vigorously before proceeding with the order⚠

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Enjoyed your video and agree with nearly all of your reasoning/preferences. I have an agate gray version of the base Cayman for 2019, although my code is expired you can see my build in my signature. You could have ordered your shelf instead of a PCM in my year. My intent, as I'm older, was to have a simple, but modern, version of the little British sports cars of my earlier years. I, too, do not listen to music in my car, but I do drive remote country roads and though I can enjoy purposely getting lost, sometimes I want to know where I am so I can get back by choosing to avoid more popular roads or selecting where I want to end up. I have modded my car some over the past two years with CF duck tail, front splitter and rear diffuser, clear side markers, and a Raceseng shifter knob. I also happen to like the base Cayman wheels and the low end torque of the turbo. I'm enjoying your Cayman journey.

Reactions: forevermanual

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the video. I've been on a similar journey to yours and my Aventurine Green Cayman Base MT should be arriving in about 2 weeks. I had also considered the T and had a short list of things I didn't like about it. The 20mm drop was a bit much for me. I think the canvas door pulls will look dingy before long. I felt since I won't be tracking, PVT was overkill. Like you, I was not satisfied with the color choices. So, I specced by Base to have the things in the T I wanted plus the comfort items I think I'd enjoy (PASM, SC, 20" wheels, GT Sport steering wheel, 14 way seats and Premium package).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really enjoy your vblogs. I have a base in agate grey. Sports exhaust, manual transmission, few other driving enhancements and some comfort options. The Porsche options list can really get you in trouble if you're not careful. I love the useable power and this car is nimble and has great feel. I used to live in Switzerland and had a 1986 911 and I can tell you that Porsches haven't sounded good since they drowned them in water. I admit that I do smile when the 718 pops and gurgles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts