Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post any pics you have of the new Sport-Tex Interior!

The best thing I've seen comes from this video at the 10:40 mark...

So beautiful!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Would be interesting if Singer gets their hands on this and does something special, maybe it can take that interior up a notch.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That actually has quite the decent amount of luggage space ? That's very surprising
I don't understand how you jump to luggage space without even taking in that interior, especially when the thread started off like that lol. It's like something expected on a Bentley, not a Porsche on this level. Great way to better funnel potential buyers to them and away from the rest of the rivals.

·
Registered
254 Posts
LOL ! Sorry !! It was just I seen the guy poking around and I thought hmm.. that's some good space there. But yea, it does look great. Looks really comfy as well

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I had really great Sport-tex in my Carrera T. I think they would wear forever. They aren't really comfy though. That stuff is kind of industrial feeling...I got used to it...owned the car only 4 months and got the Cayman itch again...and I'm glad I scratched it!

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Please post any pics you have of the new Sport-Tex Interior!

The best thing I've seen comes from this video at the 10:40 mark...

So beautiful!
I have Sport-Tex seats and their awesome! You don't slide in them like you do with leather. Cool in the summer and they don't get cold in the winter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the same interior as Swdea. I never thought I would have paid for a 'cloth' interior but must say, it lifts the interior and provides a nice contrast. From my point of view, it doesn't have an industrial look/feel. There is a quality about the material used and do get the sense that it will wear quite well and easy to clean if the need arrises.

Please keep in mind I am speaking about the Graphite Blue and Crayon version. The same type of material is used in the T and prodominatly black. This combo didn't visually feel as special as the one I selected and due to the full black interior felt, dare I say, a bit down market when not optioned with the full leather interior.

I hope you don't mind me giving this editorial on Sport Tex and not just posting pics :)

First image is a Porsche press one

Second shows was taken indoors and the third was taken outside. As you can see the light plays on it looks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I don't see a video in your post but nonetheless... I remember asking a PSA about the Sport-Tex interior and was met with a "Why? Everyone wants leather!". To me it is more practical, hard-wearing, breathes better, and grips better than leather. It is also the more sporty (as opposed to luxury) option that allows your to stand out from the crowd.

Personally i love the Sport-Tex seats with the T Interior option as it gives the car a slight retro feel. This is mine

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've never felt comfortable with Graphite Blue in the interior, but something that I think would look absolutely killer - and would go with any exterior color - would be the Chalk/Black interior I have, but with the blackish Sport-tex seat inserts. I probably would have opted for that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered mine last spring with the black Sport-Tex and have been really pleased with the way they look and feel. Never cold or hot and sweaty. Just don't eat anything in the car that'll get crumbs in that weave. I'd definitely order them again.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the same interior as Swdea. I never thought I would have paid for a 'cloth' interior but must say, it lifts the interior and provides a nice contrast. From my point of view, it doesn't have an industrial look/feel. There is a quality about the material used and do get the sense that it will wear quite well and easy to clean if the need arrises.

Please keep in mind I am speaking about the Graphite Blue and Crayon version. The same type of material is used in the T and prodominatly black. This combo didn't visually feel as special as the one I selected and due to the full black interior felt, dare I say, a bit down market when not optioned with the full leather interior.

I hope you don't mind me giving this editorial on Sport Tex and not just posting pics :)

First image is a Porsche press one

Second shows was taken indoors and the third was taken outside. As you can see the light plays on it looks.

View attachment 26444 View attachment 26445 View attachment 26446
Is your exterior Crayon? Roll bars in Graphite Blue? Looks awesome!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I was disappointed to find out in true Porsche fashion that SportTex was available on some cars as a seat option but certainly not all. My next car was no exception, I could get the seats I wanted but no option to change the seating surface material, but as you know where there is a will there is a way! :unsure:

So I already have these on hand and await my car to install them into... :)

This will be the resulting effect:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Are these OE replacements or aftermarket.
If you don't mind sharing additional details, I'd love to hear more. :)
I'd like to hear about that too! Inserts might be just the thing on my black/chalk seats.
I feel bad if I got your hopes up :oops: , these are not OEM and AFAIK they are only available for LWBS, they are custom made. The LWBS inserts are held in with Velcro, it is a simple matter to replace the covering on the center cushion.

For the seats shown above I am sure that you would have to engage a auto upholstery to make this kind of change.

I thought that the thread was just looking or examples on how SportTex would change the look.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts