Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm after a bit of advice please. I've spec'd my GTS with the optional sports suspension. Mainly Because it will only add to the driver experience and it will look good too.

However... I'm now a bit worried that the -20mm sports suspension might scrape on speed bumps etc..

What are people's views, any experience on this anybody could throw my way?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I havent had any problems yet and no probs running over speed bumps or driving at Winter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the sport suspension (20mm lower). I haven't scraped any speed bumps or humps but you can scrape on the transition to steep driveways.

·
Registered
584 Posts
FYI: The front end treatment of the GTS (Sport Design package) lowers the front an additional 10 mm. So a GTS with the -20 mm SPASM will be down a total of 30 mm over a base or S.

·
Registered
132 Posts
When I test drove a Boxster S with the SPASM (-20mm) but without the GTS front end on city streets in Sydney, Australia I started scraping the plastic warning guards vs speed bumps and when turning into steep inclines/streets. I never scraped the actual front bumper though.

I guess it all depends on the quality/type of roads you usually drive on, and how much care you are willing to take every time you see a speed bump or sharp change in gradient.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The scraping is minimal and if you approach dramatically steep obstacles with a sensible approach you will be just fine. I rarely scrap and have yet to have any issue with speed bumps at all. The 718 20mm sport suspension is significantly higher than the X73 on the previous generation GTS. If you're diligent you will be fine.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The scraping is minimal and if you approach dramatically steep obstacles with a sensible approach you will be just fine. I rarely scrap and have yet to have any issue with speed bumps at all. The 718 20mm sport suspension is significantly higher than the X73 on the previous generation GTS. If you're diligent you will be fine.
I like this guy ^^^

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had a 981CGTS with the x73 suspension, which was terrific for handling and appearance. I never had problems with scraping as long as I approached driveways that had steep transition from the street at an appropriate angle. I cannot remember crashing over speed bumps, as long as I respected what they were there for.

I didn't opt for SPASM on my 718BS and I kind of regret it. The 718 ride quality is so good with standard PASM, I'm sure that SPASM would be more than acceptable. My next Porsche will have SPASM.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I had a 981CGTS with the x73 suspension, which was terrific for handling and appearance. I never had problems with scraping as long as I approached driveways that had steep transition from the street at an appropriate angle. I cannot remember crashing over speed bumps, as long as I respected what they were there for.

I didn't opt for SPASM on my 718BS and I kind of regret it. The 718 ride quality is so good with standard PASM, I'm sure that SPASM would be more than acceptable. My next Porsche will have SPASM.
The difference in stiffness between them aint as big as one might think.
But i am totataly in love with s-pasm, together with ptv its like having the car on rail in the curves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts