Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Since a couple of months owner of a 12/2018 718 CGTS and really like it.

However, i have this squeaky sound, which I think is the suspension. It always comes up in the first kms I drive the car and hard brake or have to cross a speedbump. After a couple of kms, it doesn’t squeak anymore.

Last time I drove the car a couple of kms and had to parallel park in a tight space to drop someone of. Stayed in the car, kept it running and said goodbye. So after a minute or 2, I had to manoeuvre back and forward to get out of this tight parking space. Every time I turned the wheel, it made the squeaky sound again. When driving home and braking at traffic lights, it made no sound at all.

It’s really annoying and not what I expect from this type and young car. Sounds like a 30-year-old car.

Last month I took it to a dealer for its first maintenance (25.000km) and told them about it. When I picked up the car the next day, they said they didn’t hear anything and everything looked fine. I tested the car on the parking of the dealer and the squeaky sound was gone. So I figured the maintenance had fixed the problem. However a couple of days later, the sound was back.

Has anyone had this problem or know what is causing this?

I’ve made a little video so you can hear it. In live it’s louder than in the video.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do, but won’t be able to get there in the next couple of weeks.

So tought I’d already ask here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So yesterday unexpectedly had a couple of hours free, so drove to the dealer.

Told the master mechanic about the problem and showed him the video. He said he didn’t hear anything?, so we went for a small drive. Problem was that I had driven the car for some time to get to the dealer, so the car didn’t make the noise at that time.

From my explanation, the mechanic said it’s probably the brakes and the only solution is to replace everything (discs and pads), but couldn’t guarantee the squeaking would be gone after. Since both the pads and discs still look very good, he didn’t recommend to change them. Just learn to live with it.

Not sure if I should believe It’s the brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts