Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, looking to buy a 992. I was reading the description on the Porsche web and see it comes with Start Stop ? can that be deactivated ? I really think that would be a deal breaker for me if I could not kill that feature..... I hear these modern cars at the traffic light going through that automatic stop start and know I would not like that a bit..... appreciate your comments.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Perhaps you mean 982? Which is the 718. If so, yes it can be disabled via a button on the center console near the transmission shifter. Also sport mode disables it on my base 718 cayman.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
FWIW, the auto stop/start feature is not intrusive. It has become ubiquitous because it nominally saves gas. Unless you spend much time at stoplights you will never notice it much.

As has been said, there is a button to disable it. Also when the drivetrain is in Sport mode it is disabled. Most of us run in Sport mode except on long highway stretches.

·
Registered
116 Posts
FWIW, the auto stop/start feature is not intrusive. Unless you spend much time at stoplights you will never notice it much.
My 2017 Boxster start/stop was quite noticeable. Engine would stop at low speeds in a parking lot and then when it tried to restart while still moving there were very expensive sounds.

Did that twice so bought a defeat module to eliminate it. If I wanted fuel economy I would have bought a Prius or an e-car.

·
Super Moderator
1,680 Posts
Did that twice so bought a defeat module to eliminate it. If I wanted fuel economy I would have bought a Prius or an e-car.
It's not fuel economy that drove the start-stop, it was the hope for reduced pollution. Whether it actually makes a difference is up for debate.
At least it's defeatable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts