Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I thought I'll start a new thread about this potential issue (splitting off from the LCA fault, which ended up being a fault in the front control module).

Have any of you heard of static electricity frying the module? Static electricity can be produced by the microfiber cloth (cleaning front bumper / headlights, etc.) or by accidentally bumping into the front bumper and discharging the static electricity.

I've read lots of post on the older models of Cayman and Carrera having this issue (and was a known issue to Porsche). Do any of you know if this is still an ongoing issue with the newer models? I am not sure if it's just a fluke (faulty part on my new vehicle) or if it's because I somehow fried the module while cleaning the vehicle.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.