Porsche 718 Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

Super Moderator
Well, in the stock market there is a chance on making money after striking a good deal. In autos, never! :eek: Unless you buy an air-cooled Porsche with low miles, perfect condition, full receipts for like $30k...:LOL::ROFLMAO:

But that's called a mugging...;)
Or bought one a couple of years after the last economic downturn, when one in good condition with paperwork was averaging $15-$20K. (Ask me how I know this ... and then [virtually] slap me for not taking the plunge!)

Registered
Or bought one a couple of years after the last economic downturn, when one in good condition with paperwork was averaging $15-$20K. (Ask me how I know this ... and then [virtually] slap me for not taking the plunge!)
I suspect we all have "the one that got away" stories.

I let go of a nice 356 Porsche coupe for less than $800.
And I refused to buy a decent, running 3.8 E-type Jaguar roadster for $900 (I offered him $650).
I sold a running 21-window VW bus for about $300. Check their value today!

On the other hand I've owned a really nice chrome-bumper MGB for many years. I basically got it for free. Once in a while even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

But the best story of this is my friend Jim and his Ferrari.
He paid $7000 for it, but he had to fight with his Dad over buying it because, at the time, it was just a used car and the price was more than a new Cadillac.
Jim's Ferrari is a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. This is a photo of me in front of it last weekend.
Google value of Ferrari 250 GTO if you want to see a good ROI. :p

By the way, this iconic Ferrari has 296 horsepower.

Registered
I suspect we all have "the one that got away" stories.

I let go of a nice 356 Porsche coupe for less than $800.
And I refused to buy a decent, running 3.8 E-type Jaguar roadster for $900 (I offered him $650).
I sold a running 21-window VW bus for about $300. Check their value today!

One the other hand I've owned a really nice chrome-bumper MGB for many years. I basically got it for free. Once in a while even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

But the best story of this is my friend Jim and his Ferrari.
He paid $7000 for it, but he had to fight with his Dad over buying it because, at the time, it was just a used car and the price was more than a new Cadillac.
Jim's Ferrari is a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. This is a photo of me in front of it last weekend.
Google value of Ferrari 250 GTO if you want to see a good ROI. :p

By the way, this iconic Ferrari has 296 horsepower.

View attachment 25771
I love a story like that! Well done for your friend!!

Registered
I did watch a bunch of those youtube videos and the car does sound great...but all I could think about was how lucky and fortunate I am to be driving my first Porsche after driving many other cars over the past 30 years. All good...
it sounds better... but only a little bit better ...

61 - 69 of 69 Posts