Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am preparing to store the 718 most likely in a storage facility where I wont be able to plug in my trickle charger. I read some people pull battery. Is that necessary and what does that do to the system defaults? I bought the alligator clips so was thinking to connect and leave the frunk cracked open and then hope to be able to bring a portable battery/generator to charge in the spring. Looking at those general storage facilities and just back car in so I can easily access in the spring.

2nd question: Cover - looking at the indoor cover - I see the porsche brand - any suggestions?

Advice I also received was to over inflate tires ~4 PSI, park on carpet squares, and fill the tank to protect from moisture build up.

·
Registered
2017 Boxster S PDK SC
22 Posts
I would ask Porsche the questions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am preparing to store the 718 most likely in a storage facility where I wont be able to plug in my trickle charger. I read some people pull battery. Is that necessary and what does that do to the system defaults? I bought the alligator clips so was thinking to connect and leave the frunk cracked open and then hope to be able to bring a portable battery/generator to charge in the spring. Looking at those general storage facilities and just back car in so I can easily access in the spring. I would not pull the battery. I had to store my 2018 Boxster in a storage facility last winter because my son came home from Portland, Oregon (yay!!) and I wanted to give him our third garage space. I started it twice during the winter and had no battery issues.

2nd question: Cover - looking at the indoor cover - I see the porsche brand - any suggestions? I bought the Porsche indoor cover and I really like it. Porsche logo, great fit, nice package (If a bit pricey). I would buy it again for sure.

Advice I also received was to over inflate tires ~4 PSI, park on carpet squares, and fill the tank to protect from moisture build up. Not a fan of that idea….not enough support. I bought a set of ”Race Ramps” that put the tires in a natural curve like the tires (I have the 20” Carrera wheels) and the tires came out perfectly in the spring. Highly recommended.

Hope this stuff helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts