Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2019 718 Cayman - Manual, PTV, PASM, Sport Chrono
Discussion Starter #1
Just a grab shot out the window - I promise I was watching the road (truly!) and I just hoped I would capture the insanity that was the sky the other night.

Got a keeper, and another wonderful 718 memory to file away as I drove up the coast!

Registered
2019 Cayman GTS
Just a grab shot out the window - I promise I was watching the road (truly!) and I just hoped I would capture the insanity that was the sky the other night.

Got a keeper, and another wonderful 718 memory to file away as I drove up the coast!
We get great crazy sunsets like that here in Reno. 馃榿

Reactions: TK718

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed you do! Love me some Sierra skies!

...I've heard that sometimes, the sky is so bright in Reno, you can see Sparks. (Sorry, bad twist on a local joke...)

Registered
2019 Cayman GTS
Indeed you do! Love me some Sierra skies!

...I've heard that sometimes, the sky is so bright in Reno, you can see Sparks. (Sorry, bad twist on a local joke...)
HAHA!!! I live in the Wingfield area of Sparks. The foothills are literally just out my back door. :D

Reactions: TK718

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
HAHA!!! I live in the Wingfield area of Sparks. The foothills are literally just out my back door. :D
Nice! High desert is definitely some of the most beautiful, rugged land we've got!

I grew up on the California side of Tahoe, and spent countless hours in Yosemite and some time in Mammoth and Shasta - but it wasn't until a few years ago that I discovered how different (and amazing) the Eastern Sierras truly are. 395 down to Mono lake? Yes please...

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Yes definitely some beautiful views when on the coast! But unfortunately nothing but straight roads and traffic everywhere.
I hear you on the traffic. I feel very lucky to have a couple rural roads nearby that I can usually have nearly all to myself... But I'm sure those days are numbered.

Registered
We get great crazy sunsets like that here in Reno. 馃榿
Reminds me of the old joke about the Texan bragging to a New Englander about how his ranch was so big it took him two hours to drive from one side to the other. The New Englander said yeah, I had a car like that once too.

Nice pic. We have skies like that too!

Registered
2019 Cayman GTS
Nice! High desert is definitely some of the most beautiful, rugged land we've got!

I grew up on the California side of Tahoe, and spent countless hours in Yosemite and some time in Mammoth and Shasta - but it wasn't until a few years ago that I discovered how different (and amazing) the Eastern Sierras truly are. 395 down to Mono lake? Yes please...
We were going to take a quick run to Downieville this weekend, but decided to keep it a chill weekend at home. Got a little weather Friday, and it was in the upper 50s / low 60s yesterday. The car has only left the garage twice this past week. Both times it was to get food (pizza one night, and wings the other). I work from home. Not because of the RONA. I'm a data nerd for Microsoft, and most of the clients I work for allow me to work from home. So I jump at any chance to head out and run errands for the misses. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts