Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
578 Posts
Sway bar; anti-sway bar; ARB (anti-roll bar) are all terms for the same device.
I always found "sway' to be a funny description as that's not really the function of the ARB's

· Vendor
391 Posts
You can run the 31mm front and 25.4mm rear on the 718 :D

· Registered
324 Posts
Are the 718 bars the same as any of the 981 on the chart?

Suncoast has the X73 on sale for $1500 but I don’t want to go -20mm. Otherwise would be a great option vs the bars listed in this thread.

Someone around here said they installed the X73 on their 718 with direct fitment.

· Premium Member
264 Posts
I installed X73, direct fitment. Comes with different rubber bushes. You could put them on with normal suspension.

I
fontana:

Do you like them??? Street? Track?

:alien:

· Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
2,224 Posts
So, this may be a dumb question for sway bar updaters, but according to a Porsche Tech Worksheet, a major function and improvement of Sport PSM in the 718 is to reduce yaw in turns. I only track my car, so far, on two weekend HPDEs a year so I haven't tried this feature out. Nor have I ever heard anyone discussing it. Is it a "hidden" feature no one knows about or is it something that is never tried before buying sway bars, or is it something tried but didn't meet expectation/needs? Just curious.

Attachments

· Registered
578 Posts
So, this may be a dumb question for sway bar updaters, but according to a Porsche Tech Worksheet, a major function and improvement of Sport PSM in the 718 is to reduce yaw in turns. I only track my car, so far, on two weekend HPDEs a year so I haven't tried this feature out. Nor have I ever heard anyone discussing it. Is it a "hidden" feature no one knows about or is it something that is never tried before buying sway bars, or is it something tried but didn't meet expectation/needs? Just curious.
I use PSM sport mode at the track all the time.
Several others that I track with do the same.
It allows more yaw without nannies intervention.

Comepared to other cars I’ve tracked (BMW), the Porsche system is FAR superior.

· Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
2,224 Posts
I use PSM sport mode at the track all the time.
Several others that I track with do the same.
It allows more yaw without nannies intervention.

Comepared to other cars I’ve tracked (BMW), the Porsche system is FAR superior.
"Controllability at the performance limit is greatly improved by damping the vehicle's yawing behavior", but it still allows the yaw, just controls it better?

· Registered
578 Posts
"Controllability at the performance limit is greatly improved by damping the vehicle's yawing behavior", but it still allows the yaw, just controls it better?
Firstly it stays out of the way and lets the driver control the car without intervention.
But, when it's needed (driver not getting it done) intervention is so smooth it's almost transparent.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.