Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any aftermarket sway bars that are in the making for the 718? Or better yet, will the GT4 sways fit? I do believe the 981’s will work also but not sure. Thanks!!!

·
Vendor
350 Posts
Front 31mm:
Rear 25.4mm:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Suspension tuning is a relationship between spring rates and sway bars. Your answer is dependent on what the goal is. If correcting over / understeer , changing to a stiffer sway bar front or rear will help get the car more neutral. If it’s a rolly-polly around the corners it’s springs and shocks first ( coil overs ) then fine tune for balance with sway bars , and that can become a science of sort if taken to a level of corner balance and sway bar pre-load.

More to your direct question : Gt4 springs and sway bars are paired as a tuned package I rather doubt you have GT4 coil-overs and tire sizes. So no.

Much can be offered on the subject based on your desired outcome.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry for the thread resurection...
Josh, do the rear Tarett swaybars require adjustable drop links, like the fronts do?

·
Vendor
350 Posts
Sorry for the thread resurection...
Josh, do the rear Tarett swaybars require adjustable drop links, like the fronts do?
I don't think you'll have a problem running the Tarett rear bar with OE links. You won't be able to corner balance though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm a complete noob re suspension tuning. My 2017 718 has 12K miles on it--at what point would changing the factory setup due to wear make sense from a performance gain standpoint---anecdotal info welcome.

·
Vendor
350 Posts
I may be misunderstanding the question but your factory suspension will last many many years without any trouble. If you plan to wait for your suspension to wear out before an upgrade it'll be a bit.. :)

From a performance gain standpoint our Ohlins kits perform far better than new factory suspension and often with better ride quality.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I may be misunderstanding the question but your factory suspension will last many many years without any trouble. If you plan to wait for your suspension to wear out before an upgrade it'll be a bit.. :)

From a performance gain standpoint our Ohlins kits perform far better than new factory suspension and often with better ride quality.
Ok, thats what I was looking for. If I switched to Ohlins, what would I immediately notice (other than a badly deflated bank acct.)?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Specifically what were the dfifferences...what issues solved?
I track my car, so my main problems with pasm was not responsive enough for consecutive corners, and not stiff enough with track tires.
After swapping to Ohlins, car has no more laziness to it and with spring rates double of the stock pasm, it's able to hold up the car midcorner with track tires.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I track my car, so my main problems with pasm was not responsive enough for consecutive corners, and not stiff enough with track tires.
After swapping to Ohlins, car has no more laziness to it and with spring rates double of the stock pasm, it's able to hold up the car midcorner with track tires.
Thanks for that. I never track but ride "briskly" on twisting mountain roads frequently. I feel like the front end loses contact in some curves with bumps/whoops--usually the inside wheel. Just doesn't feel as planted as I'd like. Same for higher speeds.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just put Ohlins R&T on my base Cayman a few months ago, coming from the stock (non-pasm) suspension. Needless to say, I agree with everything Yamino says! Now I'm wondering if I should also upgrade swaybars :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I just noticed Tarret has a new kit:
Anyone know any benefits to this kit over the above kit? Says it is a "bladed swaybar"

·
Vendor
350 Posts
Bladed swaybars are in-cockpit adjustable. We run them on the race cars. I've never seen them on a street car.

You can adjust them for changing fuel load, tires and track conditions.

I just noticed Tarret has a new kit:
Anyone know any benefits to this kit over the above kit? Says it is a "bladed swaybar"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts