Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,254 Posts
Too bad the weather is so lousy! lol. Perfect Porsche country. I did that route in 1973 in a new 911. Breathtaking at every bend. Thank you for sharing. Us flatlanders in Florida need photos like yours to remind us that the World really does have mountains.

·
Registered
2022 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Too bad the weather is so lousy! lol. Perfect Porsche country. I did that route in 1973 in a new 911. Breathtaking at every bend. Thank you for sharing. Us flatlanders in Florida need photos like yours to remind us that the World really does have mountains.
The weather was indeed "lousy" earlier in the morning because it was very cloudy. By the time it got all sunny, I'm glad to be heading away because it was getting extremely crowded. I'm sure it was unforgettable for you even though it was a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
2017 boxter 718
348 Posts
Sometimes on days like today when the sun is scorching and it's 38 deg C, the beach and the water is also most welcome. 🤣
my late wife and i made several trips to switzerland in the '80's and 1 last trip in 2003.
grimsel, susten, furka passes were our usual runs. not in a porsche alas, but made the effort with what we had.

the stelvio was always in our sights but never made it.
loved taking the car train thru the base of the alps from kandersteg and then on to zermatt.

maybe again before i meet my maker

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Beautiful... Switzerland is on my bucket list.
Many years ago my son gave me an Edelweiss Motorcycle Trip over the Italian and Swiss passes. When I got to the top of one of the passes we stopped for lunch. I called my wife back in the States to tell her what a wonderful time I was having. When I got home she said she had never heard such a joyful sound from my voice. You are right to have this on a bucket list.

·
Registered
2022 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my late wife and i made several trips to switzerland in the '80's and 1 last trip in 2003.
grimsel, susten, furka passes were our usual runs. not in a porsche alas, but made the effort with what we had.

the stelvio was always in our sights but never made it.
loved taking the car train thru the base of the alps from kandersteg and then on to zermatt.

maybe again before i meet my maker
Keep those memories close to your heart sir. The older we get, fond memories are gold. I hope you make the trip again soon.

·
Registered
2022 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Many years ago my son gave me an Edelweiss Motorcycle Trip over the Italian and Swiss passes. When I got to the top of one of the passes we stopped for lunch. I called my wife back in the States to tell her what a wonderful time I was having. When I got home she said she had never heard such a joyful sound from my voice. You are right to have this on a bucket list.
It's like you've never really lived until you've done this trip. 🤣

1 - 20 of 51 Posts