Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is commonly asked in the forum but in my case it did not happen after washing the car. It happened after normal driving and turning back to my garage. I know that tail lights are ventilated but as I mentioned, there is no washing case. So, is it normal? Thank you already, be safe!

·
Registered
608 Posts
That happens to me when the temperature and humidity are just right. Not very often. No worries I don't think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually it does not go away. This picture is taken after one hour driving today. I understood that it increases as engine gets hot. My garage has a little water leakage from the ceiling. Water does not leak on the car but it makes the garage very humid. Can it be caused by that?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised. My condo's underground garage is well-vented and low humidity almost all the time (if someone doesn't screw with the fans) and I have not seen a trace of this in my light lens. When I winterize, I place humid-absorbing bags throughout the car, and two winters later, none of their indicator dots have ever activated. So, I bet humidity in your garage is contributing to this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I am parking outside. I hope it will be gone with the ventilation feature of these tail lights but I’m afraid it will stay permanently

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The unfortunate side effect of it being wet "all the time" is that you'll start getting bacterial growth
What do you mean by saying “bacterial growth”? Bacterial growth in tail lights? I could not understand :) Thanks for the answer btw.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The 718 Cayman I had did this. I was told that it is a design of the light and they would not be changed.
After I fired a lot of swear words into Porsche GB I had both lights replaced under warranty and they were all OK during the rest of the time I owned it.

Funny enough neither of the two Boxster 718 I have owned since had this happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts