Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cayman came with the 19" tires with 235/40 on the front and 265/40 on the rear. I'd like a little more rubber between the rim and the road. Has anyone increased the sidewall height to 45 while keeping the 19" rims?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
I would go to 18's. Why do you want more sidewall height? I have 20's with PASM and the ride is fine.

:alien:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Instead of trying to go up a whole aspect ratio, what about just marginally increasing the tire width to 245/40/19 and 275/40/19? Your tire sidewall will be a touch taller even though the aspect ratio is still 40, so it is going to be slightly more comfy. Tire selection is also quite good with this combination. The marginally wider tires will also work on your (stock) wheels as well.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Personally, I think going to the 18" wheels would do what you want, would be available with an N rating, and would be easier to program to the car. IMHO

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Personally, I think going to the 18" wheels would do what you want, would be available with an N rating, and would be easier to program to the car. IMHO
Agreed and they should be lighter (better performance) while offering more protection (more sidewall)... Win-Win in my book!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses, your knowledge is appreciated. I ended up going with the Michelin pilot sport 4s in stock size. They seem just a bit taller than the p zero nero's I replaced. They also seem quieter and I'm really enjoying the stickiness on my "fun" drives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts