Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
A question: if you decide to install a rear wing, do you have to prevent the electric spoiler ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A question: if you decide to install a rear wing, do you have to prevent the electric spoiler ?

Yes there is a trick which Techart provides. It’s their IP

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've always liked the Techart wing and looks like Porsche copied it! How does it attach? The additional box/duck spoiler part must reinforce the installation for high speeds?
My personal choice and view is that the Techart spoiler is better on caymans than their own. With the base plate from Techart the entire wing assembly resembles the gt2/gt3 rs spoilers. My 981 GT4 wing assembly (and now the 718 GT4) felt as if there was a piece missing. Again my personal choice, some prefer the Walker frame which comes with GT4 😬

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you get Techart’s front spoiler / lip as well?
No, it looks @&*! (Imho)
The factory fitted front lip on 4.0 does the job. Maybe if you have the flat 4 model then i would suggest sticking the front lip too.
Porsche have really messed up the front lips on all non 911s, from Macans to Taycans.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Full instructions are available on their website. Might be worth contacting Techart to ask if they sell the modifications separately.

·
Registered
125 Posts
No, it looks @&*! (Imho)
The factory fitted front lip on 4.0 does the job. Maybe if you have the flat 4 model then i would suggest sticking the front lip too.
Porsche have really messed up the front lips on all non 911s, from Macans to Taycans.
the TA rear spoiler looks good bro! i have the normal GT4 wing on the way. i think the TA front spoiler looks clean. will be ordering here this month. question tho from the research i've been doing but wouldn't you need a front spoiler to help balance the car now that you added the wing?

also doesn't the 4.0 have the same lip as my flat 4 tho?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the TA rear spoiler looks good bro! i have the normal GT4 wing on the way. i think the TA front spoiler looks clean. will be ordering here this month. question tho from the research i've been doing but wouldn't you need a front spoiler to help balance the car now that you added the wing?

no they are all quite different, GT4, GTS and flat 4s, I have owned all three. Front one not for me though. The Techart one doesn’t add any value, maybe in future I might opt for something else if I feel the need, so far it didn’t make a difference and the car felt a lot comfortable gripping the road at 120 Kms plus (and in torrential rain that too)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

sharing my ‘research’ (sorry should say 1st hand experience) top Techart, 4.0 and CS. GT4 has a different front but identical air vents like 4.0, lip stretches all the way to the wheels.

It’s not just the front lip but the air vents as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
All GTS 2.5 have the same front bumper like GTS 4.0. You can also get that on base/S models as well by paying for "sport design package" when speccing the car.

In the picture below you can see GTS with techart lip for GTS.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
In the picture below, you can see the front of my 2.5 GTS. Would you be so kind to describe the difference between mine and your bumper?
20201121_233630.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
sharing my ‘research’ (sorry should say 1st hand experience) top Techart, 4.0 and CS. GT4 has a different front but identical air vents like 4.0, lip stretches all the way to the wheels.
View attachment 29031 View attachment 29032
It’s not just the front lip but the air vents as well.
okay cool. my misinterpretation when you made it seem there's a difference between the 4.0 and 2.5 regarding the need of a front spoiler

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You dont need to act like a child, we are all here for the same reason, to dicuss cars and share knowledge.
In the picture below, you can see the front of my 2.5 GTS. Would you be so kind to describe the difference between mine and your bumper?
View attachment 29034
Yes there isn’t any what is the argument again? Read my note again, headlight dimmer, the comparison is between GT4, 4 litre flat 6 4.0 and a 2.5 litre Flat 4 cayman s. A view I mentioned that the CS may require a Techart front lip. Nobody is talking about the 2.5 GTS.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay cool. my misinterpretation when you made it seem there's a difference between the 4.0 and 2.5 regarding the need of a front spoiler
Challenging to respond to multiple comments. There is in my opinion a need to stick a front spoiler for 2.5 Cayman S, in response to a comment by 982CS. Of course you are free to direct the comment at yourself like the other guy.😬 I honestly don’t have a clue what cars you drive to have any arguments.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Challenging to respond to multiple comments. There is in my opinion a need to stick a front spoiler for 2.5 Cayman S, in response to a comment by 982CS. Of course you are free to direct the comment at yourself like the other guy.😬 I honestly don’t have a clue what cars you drive to have any arguments.
it's all good. i'm here for discussion. care to share your thoughts on why you feel it's not necessary to run a front spoiler on yours? thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it's all good. i'm here for discussion. care to share your thoughts on why you feel it's not necessary to run a front spoiler on yours? thanks!
Sure,(in the spirit of sharing knowledge) i am no expert other than having driven 981 GT4 and Cayman S 718 and now the 4.0 in the Cayman family to know the differences. I actually asked and relied upon Techart’s technician and had a long chat with one of the ‘official’ Techart dealers whether it was really needed on my car. Now I am talking specifically about the 4.0 (not 2.5 GTS) which is 15 hp lower than GT4 with the same detuned engine without a wing and air vent on the hood. ‘The air intake with 4.0 is good enough not to necessarily change it’. Of course they were trying their best to sell me the package. At the end of the day if I wanted my 4.0 to become a GT4, I would have either held onto my 981 GT4 or not dropped off the 718 GT4 PDK list to save 15k. Tough call. If I was driving a 2.5 GTS (now responding to a specific car) I will probably stick the front spoiler. Different cars altogether the 2.5 and 4 litres.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts