Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So, a few discoveries today, this is my second 718 test drive, first car was a base 19 manual this was a base PDK. Thanks Hunter for the 40 solo miles.
-ventilated seats are not too firm, I’ll spec them
-base seats are perfect 6 1 225. Headrest is perfect. Ever driven a car the headrest pushes your neck forward? THE WORST
-the base 4 is fast enough, with a JB4 it will fly
-sport exhaust makes it louder but **** I don’t dig it at all. I drive to LA every summer but sports button off I could drive forever (SOUL or AWE to the rescue)
-the seating position is LOW finally! Not quite low enough: C8 Emira TT
-the seats are beautifully made, the leather on the passenger seat was nice to look at
-steering wheel was perfect, everyday touch points 100% (so important)
-waved at by a twin turbo and a Hyundai N sedan. cool
-not put together as well as my TT (slight rattles only 13k miles)
-ride on Non PASM 20s mich 4s had a slight jitter (too strong a word) I’d spec 40 series tires on 19s like the 40 series on my TT 18”ers
-the interior reminded me of my Miata, so intimate, I’m guessing the top of the windshield is almost the exact distance in both cars from my face, I freaking loved it
-final most important discovery, my car needs a manual and needs to be as base as possible. It reminded me so much of my Miata I gotta keep it simple.
Cheers the rick

· Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went up the road to DE Porsche and sat in their base adventurine car, I loved how bright the silver front fenders were, I’d only get a light colored car. The silvers/whites are good for me. The green sorta disappeared. Bet guards is awesome but my wife vetos reds

· Registered
Waiting on Cayman S. March delivery.
673 Posts
Good to hear that. I left them off my build but am seriously considering adding them before the lock date.

Good luck with your purchase.
I wasn’t going to spec them either, even though I live in the Southeast. I was likewise concerned about them being too firm, but my SA convinced me they are not noticeably firmer, and thus worth it.

Plus, I chose the Sports Seats Plus, which unofficially, offer a bit more comfort. YMMV. I think it’s one of those things where as individualis, we all perceive things a bit differently. Some may feel a difference, while others won’t. I’ve read contrary opinions about their firmness on this forum.

· Registered
83 Posts
I actually forgot I had spec'd ventilated seats on my '22 build. Drove around for a few weeks in August here in North Carolina after taking delivery thinking "I like the car. Sure would be nice if my back wasn't always so hot though." Then it hit me on one drive that I had the vented seats and it was great. Prior Cayman had the 14-ways with no ventilation while current car has the 18-ways with ventilation. I don't notice any major difference in comfort between the two seats doing the same 2.5 hour back road drive FWIW.

· Registered
249 Posts
True but at 70k I’m gonna ask for no rattles
I had a couple squeaks in the windshield header from plastic on plastic. They were easily fixed. The other rattle I had was the passenger seatbelt banging against the side of the cabin. That was easily fixed by adjusting the clip on the seatbelt to hold the tang toward the top of the belt.

I have no rattles after 25k miles, installation of the GT4 shifter and the Porsche dash camera.

I agree with about rattles, though. They are really annoying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts