Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So, a few discoveries today, this is my second 718 test drive, first car was a base 19 manual this was a base PDK. Thanks Hunter for the 40 solo miles.
-ventilated seats are not too firm, I’ll spec them
-base seats are perfect 6 1 225. Headrest is perfect. Ever driven a car the headrest pushes your neck forward? THE WORST
-the base 4 is fast enough, with a JB4 it will fly
-sport exhaust makes it louder but **** I don’t dig it at all. I drive to LA every summer but sports button off I could drive forever (SOUL or AWE to the rescue)
-the seating position is LOW finally! Not quite low enough: C8 Emira TT
-the seats are beautifully made, the leather on the passenger seat was nice to look at
-steering wheel was perfect, everyday touch points 100% (so important)
-waved at by a twin turbo and a Hyundai N sedan. cool
-not put together as well as my TT (slight rattles only 13k miles)
-ride on Non PASM 20s mich 4s had a slight jitter (too strong a word) I’d spec 40 series tires on 19s like the 40 series on my TT 18”ers
-the interior reminded me of my Miata, so intimate, I’m guessing the top of the windshield is almost the exact distance in both cars from my face, I freaking loved it
-final most important discovery, my car needs a manual and needs to be as base as possible. It reminded me so much of my Miata I gotta keep it simple.
Cheers the rick

· Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went up the road to DE Porsche and sat in their base adventurine car, I loved how bright the silver front fenders were, I’d only get a light colored car. The silvers/whites are good for me. The green sorta disappeared. Bet guards is awesome but my wife vetos reds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts