Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting here reading CNN on my iPad and smelling the turkey bake and watching the bustle of activity preparing for our Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving with family. The horrors on CNN’s front page is in such contrast to the retired world I live in that includes nothing consequential to worry about, a GF that truly gets no better, a Porsche and BMW in the driveway, etc. I was also just observing that some of the people here don’t have a clue beyond the turkey. So, I just felt the need to remind everyone how important it is to see past the food and remember how incredibly fortunate most of us are and recognizing that is what the Turkey and all we can eat in the safety of our homes represents. Hope no one is offended by this

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sitting here reading CNN on my iPad and smelling the turkey bake and watching the bustle of activity preparing for our Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving with family. The horrors on CNN’s front page is in such contrast to the retired world I live in that includes nothing consequential to worry about, a GF that truly gets no better, a Porsche and BMW in the driveway, etc. I was also just observing that some of the people here don’t have a clue beyond the turkey. So, I just felt the need to remind everyone how important it is to see past the food and remember how incredibly fortunate most of us are and recognizing that is what the Turkey and all we can eat in the safety of our homes represents. Hope no one is offended by this
Well said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts