Porsche 718 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi Johan,
Did you get any information regarding the cost of the exhaust (and shipping) here in Sweden?
I am quite interested of the APR exhaust as well
Not yet, i havent got the time since i am working 24/7 :(
But i will email Kim later this week.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi Johan,
Did you get any information regarding the cost of the exhaust (and shipping) here in Sweden?
I am quite interested of the APR exhaust as well
Email sent, you never know with Kim so it might take som time.
When i tried to my car tuned i even complained to APR directly.

·
Vendor
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I'm trying to figure out why it says that. It's all automated on the site and possibly because these systems are typically listed as built to order. However, we have many of them in stock. If you order today, it will ship.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm hoping for some more sound videos from people who have installed this system. The ones posted so far don't quite match my stock setup, so not sure what the difference might be if installed on my car. Here are the specifics of mine: 2017 718 Cayman S, PSE, no Sport Chrono, PDK. Everything factory stock, no mods at all.

If anyone has a 718 equipped like mine, and installed this product in any configuration I encourage you to post some video: on drive-aways, drive-by, and from the cabin under normal and hard acceleration; really, any of these would be helpful.

Also interested if anyone without an ECU tune has experienced any drone under any circumstances with this exhaust.

·
Registered
1 Posts
718 Boxster S with PDK and no other options that are material. I'm stock other than the APR base kit without the mufflers or valves I also disconnected the Porsche electronic sound maker device.

There is zero perceivable drone but not sure if that's mostly due to being Boxster as my 981 Cayman Base would painfully drone if you just looked at the exhaust sideways. I've heard that Cayman is more likely to drone but not confirmed so take with grain of salt. That is huge for me on this car after trying to chase this down on the 981.

If I disable Sport mode and cruising around on the highway with load or not and the car sounds very close to stock. In sports mode, there noticable increase in sound but it's still an overall pleasant experience. Maybe not the entire time with the wife in the car on a long trip type of thing.

Cold starts are louder but I don't think it's going to upset my neighbors any. It very subtle when idling with Sports mode off and things do sound proper with Sports mode on at idle.

We did a quick canyon run by the house and it's a really good drivers experience. The gurbles and pops are significantly amplified in Sports mode which is lots of fun. I was expecting things to be silly loud as I'm beating the snot out of the car and but it's pretty mild. The stock setup on this tight canyon run was already pretty rowdy.

There's some boominess going on on deceleration when getting on it but that is nitpicking looking for a fault. The tips included are too large and almost feels they it's purposefully so you purchase another set which is just silly. APR really should give you an option of tips or just not include the silly larger tips. I'll probably ignore it but I don't think anyone will think they are optional.

That all said, my 981 sounded better and was more interesting with the various harmonics but that thing really felt gutless here at elevation. I really don't think it's fair to compare the base 981 to a 781/982 S. I do think 781 sounds good, for a turbo motor. I've owned a couple performance oriented Subarus and there are certainly are audio similarities but I always enjoyed the soundtrack and no exceptions on the 781.

I'd recommend this setup but everyone should moan loudedly about the tips. I know it's silly but buying another set of tips for $200-300 just feels like schmuck tax. I will try removing the tips but suspect that will look silly as well.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
718 Boxster S with PDK and no other options that are material. I'm stock other than the APR base kit without the mufflers or valves I also disconnected the Porsche electronic sound maker device.

There is zero perceivable drone but not sure if that's mostly due to being Boxster as my 981 Cayman Base would painfully drone if you just looked at the exhaust sideways. I've heard that Cayman is more likely to drone but not confirmed so take with grain of salt. That is huge for me on this car after trying to chase this down on the 981.

If I disable Sport mode and cruising around on the highway with load or not and the car sounds very close to stock. In sports mode, there noticable increase in sound but it's still an overall pleasant experience. Maybe not the entire time with the wife in the car on a long trip type of thing.

Cold starts are louder but I don't think it's going to upset my neighbors any. It very subtle when idling with Sports mode off and things do sound proper with Sports mode on at idle.

We did a quick canyon run by the house and it's a really good drivers experience. The gurbles and pops are significantly amplified in Sports mode which is lots of fun. I was expecting things to be silly loud as I'm beating the snot out of the car and but it's pretty mild. The stock setup on this tight canyon run was already pretty rowdy.

There's some boominess going on on deceleration when getting on it but that is nitpicking looking for a fault. The tips included are too large and almost feels they it's purposefully so you purchase another set which is just silly. APR really should give you an option of tips or just not include the silly larger tips. I'll probably ignore it but I don't think anyone will think they are optional.

That all said, my 981 sounded better and was more interesting with the various harmonics but that thing really felt gutless here at elevation. I really don't think it's fair to compare the base 981 to a 781/982 S. I do think 781 sounds good, for a turbo motor. I've owned a couple performance oriented Subarus and there are certainly are audio similarities but I always enjoyed the soundtrack and no exceptions on the 781.

I'd recommend this setup but everyone should moan loudedly about the tips. I know it's silly but buying another set of tips for $200-300 just feels like schmuck tax. I will try removing the tips but suspect that will look silly as well.
One thing to remember is that 981/982 4,0 has a symposer/Helmholtz from the intake routed to the cabin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Ultimate Porsche (982) 718 Boxster/Cayman Catback Exhaust Suite for the 2.0T and 2.5T is here!

Our system is customizable, easy to install, weighs 34% less than the factory Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE), sounds aggressive but pleasant, and looks amazing. We achieve all of this at an affordable price while using premium materials and world-class manufacturing techniques!

In stock form, 718 is quiet, even with the Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE), but the APR system wakes up the vehicle and gives the turbocharged boxer engine the sound profile it deserves. Expect a deep boxer growl that will turn heads and enhance the driving experience. Track enthusiasts will actually be able to hear their exhaust as they blow past the competition. The system has many optional tips so you can customize the looks to your desire. It supports both valved and non-valved factory setups, and has options for adding one or two mufflers to accommodate everyone’s needs on and off the track!

Expect only the highest quality components in each configuration. We use high quality T304 stainless steel components with mandrel bending, brushed finishes, and TIG welding throughout. V-band clamps make swapping components quick and easy. Precision bracketry means it fits right the first time. Our no-compromise flex sections don’t collapse, billow, and fail like many components on the market. The rear x-pipe maximizes performance, and enhances the sound profile, and our 4” slash cut tips give the system a motorsport inspired look you can configure to your desire. These are just a few design highlights that make this system an absolute must for any 718!

Video

System Overview

Features and Benefits
  • T304 stainless steel components
  • 2.5” mandrel bend piping with a brushed finish
  • TIG welding throughout
  • Weighs 34% less than the factory Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) in the base configuration
  • Aggressive and customizable sound profile via optional valves and mufflers
  • 2 optional brushed-finished straight-through sound-absorption mufflers available
  • 1 optional exhaust valve is available for Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) customers
  • Plug-and-play with both Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) valved and non-valved setups
  • Integrated rear X-pipe for maximum performance and enhances sound profile
  • Polished 4” slash-cut motorsport-inspired exhaust tips with optional styles, sizes, and colors available
  • OEM style no-compromise flex sections that won’t collapse, billow, and fail
  • V-band clamps make swapping the system at the track a simple and quick
  • Weight saving catback to catpipe flanges
  • Precision bracketry for a precise and solid fit
  • Completely emissions compliant
  • In-house design with world-class manufacturing and quality control
  • Simple and quick install with full directions and APR support

Configuration Recommendations / Optional Mufflers / Optional Valve

In the base configuration the system is sold without mufflers or valves. We’ve found this to sound excellent with the factory catalyst in place and is likely the most common setup customers will choose. On vehicles with the Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) with exhaust valve, we’ve also found the setup sounds even better when using our optional valve, even without adding an additional muffler. When it comes to track customers that have modified their factory catalyst with third party components, we suggest adding a combination of our mufflers and valves, depending on the setup, to quiet down the system during normal daily driving or if required by a specific track. Our v-bands will make swapping between mufflers and straight pipes easy for any track-going customer where minimizing weight is typically the goal. In all cases, we’ve designed this system so you can start with the base system and add mufflers and valves later if you so desire.

Optional Tips

APR also has optional tips averrable, including single and double walled tips in 3.5" and 4", in polished silver, brushed silver, and diamond black. Here are several double walled 4" options:

Pricing

$1,499.95 - Full System
$299.95 - Optional Valve
$399.95 - Optional muffler (Either side)

Want to learn more?

Visit our product page for more details, more options, and more information

Hi do you provide a system for cars with OPF.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thought I'd share an anecdote from yesterday's PCA chapter Porsches & Coffee event. A group of us went over to listen to a Soul race exhaust a buddy installed on his 718 GT4. It sounded great, no doubt. Then we went over to listen to my 718 Cayman S with the APR exhaust, straight piped with the valve and I fired her up. I wish I had a camera set-up to capture the look on these guys' faces after a cold start and a few 4k revs. They couldn't believe it! One guy said that it was now his favorite Porsche exhaust and he drives a modded out 997. No BS. Great job APR!

Edit: I should add, with the weather a bit warmer, I've been driving more with the windows down, running the car hard even in sport mode making the volume much more liveable inside the cabin. Also, when not actively searching for resonance intentionally, I'm really not coming across it in regular and spirited driving. Another couple of data points for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Really interested in this but I want the valve and don't have PSE can anyone offer an aftermarket solution ?

Am I correct that all the valve does is shutoff the RHS out, there is no rerouting etc going on?

Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
You are having the same issue as i am having?
:(
We're not based in Europe, but we are an APR Master distributor with over 20 years serving customers worldwide. We ship hundreds of orders to Europe everyday. I can tell you for sure you can get a hold of any of our customer service reps with an average response time of 4 hours (during business days). We offer phone, live chat, social and email support.

You can find the 718 system using this link: APR Catback Exhaust System For Porsche 718 (982) 2.0T & 2.5T - CBK0024 - 33940

We're expecting this to come in on a stocking order in about 2-3 weeks, but they sell out fast. If you would provide us with your city, country and postal code, I can provide you with a shipping quote as well.
PM sent

·
Registered
16 Posts
@[email protected] Can you share the actual weight of the base system as well as optional valves and mufflers? Alternatively the weight of the stock system you used for the percentage calculations would be helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@[email protected] Can you share the actual weight of the base system as well as optional valves and mufflers? Alternatively the weight of the stock system you used for the percentage calculations would be helpful.
The APR exhaust weighs 21.90lbs with no muffler, no actuator (30lbs shipping weight with box and packing material). The stock system used weighted in at 33lbs.

Remaining APR Options:

Left Muffler: 7lbs shipping box weight
Right Muffler: 7lbs shipping box weight
Right Valve: 4lbs shipping box weight

Hope this helps.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts