Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to be re-joining the Porsche family, after an 8 year coma (at least it felt that way driving SUVs). First was 2005 Atlas Gray Base Boxster, MT with 20 inch wheels - felt 20 years younger just sitting in it. Just put deposit down on an October delivery, 2018 base Cayman, PDK, GT Silver with the 20 inch Carrera S wheels in glossy black. Feels good to be back with family!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome, I'll keep an eye out for you, not too many 718's around yet in Houston and with gloss back Carrera S wheels even more rare. I've got my 718 GT Silver 20" Carrera Classic, PDK, sitting in Houston port awaiting release so hopefully not much longer, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Glad to be re-joining the Porsche family, after an 8 year coma (at least it felt that way driving SUVs). First was 2005 Atlas Gray Base Boxster, MT with 20 inch wheels - felt 20 years younger just sitting in it. Just put deposit down on an October delivery, 2018 base Cayman, PDK, GT Silver with the 20 inch Carrera S wheels in glossy black. Feels good to be back with family!
Nice! I'm jealous of your alloc as I ordered my Boxster a couple weeks ago and am looking at November. This will be my first Porsche. I'm coming from an M3 (e90) which is a great car, but am really looking forward to a light weight sports car.

I also went with the GT Silver. I was set on Agate Grey, but then saw the GT Silver in person and fell in love with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It must be frustrating to have the car do close, but just out of reach. I think I would try climbing the fence just to sit in it! Look forward to seeing your pics, cause you're going to beat me by a couple months, at least!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fliz, I got lucky. This one was one of my dealers allocated lot cars, one of their early 2018s configured just the way I wanted. Grabbed it in V210 status, just a bit too late to sneak in a seat change. So now the waiting starts!

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
Welcome, I'll keep an eye out for you, not too many 718's around yet in Houston and with gloss back Carrera S wheels even more rare. I've got my 718 GT Silver 20" Carrera Classic, PDK, sitting in Houston port awaiting release so hopefully not much longer, fingers crossed.
@capeli : Do let us know the minute you hear that your car is released from the port. My and a couple of other fellow Texans' 718s are due into the Port of Houston in the next week, and we're all on pins and needles about the EPA/Monroney certification delay of 2018 718s. I have a feeling, since your car will have been there the longest out of us, that your car'll be among the first ones released.

OP: Congrats!

Finally ... saw my first 718 'in the wild' a couple of days ago in Dallas, on US 75 (North Central Expressway) around the Lovers Lane exit: a white base Cayman. So purty. :D

Reactions: HoustonMac

·
Registered
74 Posts
@ Viffermike : Just great, now you've got me worried about being first in, last out !!!

Yep I'll be sure to pass on the news to ya'll as soon as I hear, although I suspect I'll hear it on here first. It feels like I'm giving my SA status updates rather than the other way around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts