Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still awaiting allocation (on list since Jan '22 for CGTS)

With the recent Labor Day holiday - I couldn't resist...knowing there'd be sales on items on my "want list"

• Numeric short throw shifter (6 speed)
  • Shift knob
  • Over Axle Pipes (eliminate GPF, more flow and unfettered exhaust sound) for the 4.0 engine

saved a couple hundred on sales and scouring around for discount codes

Here's the arrivals so far: Short Throw Shifter

Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Machine Auto part

Tool Bicycle part Gas Auto part Rim

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Other items on "the list"
Zunsport grilles - for front (GTS has "open" front design - no intake strakes get covered up)
Clear Side Markers
Lid Liner - for front hood underside protection

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Personally, as mentioned before, I love the gts open front view So not overly keen to then cover up.
If it weren't for the a/c condenser vulnerability I wouldn't have worried about it. But that's an expensive repair

- yet the GT4s have grille inserts (track debris - tire chunks, debris) as OEM

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would fitting a different gear shifter affect the warranty?
I'd have a hard time believing it could - its doing the same function as the OEM unit - just the ratio of the lever / cable is different to accomplish the shifting action

Plus its not bushed in plastic - no wear and no flex in the mechanism compared to the OEM unit

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Personally, as mentioned before, I love the gts open front view So not overly keen to then cover up.
I didn't want to cover any of the front parts either, especially the high gloss black valance included in the Sport Design package. This is why we went with RGS grills, as they install behind all the front parts. IMHO this creates a more finished appearance than the sight line directly through the bumper area to the radiators with nothing in between.

Reactions: PeC

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are a brave man to buy all of this without a confirmed allocation. Hope it works out.
I'm got in the line early - and its not a GT4 so somewhere in the future I have two model years ahead

I ran into a new GT4 owner at a meet - his wait was 14 months - he picked it up the week before

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How about the Numeric Aluminum pedals? My car isn't built yet, but while I wait these are calling to me.......
View attachment 46916
you'll have to try those out

the OEM Porsche ones - I had considered for a moment, my SA commented the Porsche ones were slippery - that was the end of that idea

·
Registered
319 Posts
Still awaiting allocation (on list since Jan '22 for CGTS)

With the recent Labor Day holiday - I couldn't resist...knowing there'd be sales on items on my "want list"

• Numeric short throw shifter (6 speed)
  • Shift knob
  • Over Axle Pipes (eliminate GPF, more flow and unfettered exhaust sound) for the 4.0 engine

saved a couple hundred on sales and scouring around for discount codes

Here's the arrivals so far: Short Throw Shifter

View attachment 46911
View attachment 46912
The numeric is really a short whiter isn't it? Not just a shorter top rod like the GT4?

How much was the save with discount ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts