Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
there is no information that is remotely accurate from anything and no one on here has any data, aside from one person who measures and weighs things and posted like 20 times and never responded again

·
Registered
400 Posts
”there is not much more irritating”

oh I think there is . . .

and you should hear my sister eat a boiled egg
(courtesy of BlackAdder)

• Haha
Reactions: Treemagnet and BobS

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the most frustrating experience trying to find out the weight of my 2021 Cayman T. The base Cayman is reported to be 3010 Lbs with PDK. However, my T is optioned with PCCBs, manual transmission, light weight manual seats and is missing the trunk liner. I was told by the dealer to subtract the following weights from 3010 to get the “guesstimated” weight of my T.

PCCBs = 46 Lbs less
Manual transmission = 107 Lbs less
Manual seats = 19 Lbs less
Total 171 Lbs leas = 2839 Lbs

They seemed to be guessing at the weight saving numbers for the lighter options. This was all very silly to me. Then I ran into some Porsche factory people at Pebble Beach Concourse and told them about my experience trying to learn the weight. They all looked at each other and smiled, then there was a pause like they knew something but were thinking of the appropriate response. Their comments were:

1) Take it to a track and have it weighed on proper scales, then you will know for sure.

2) The dealership seems pretty accurate in their estimations. Although, I believe the PDK is heavier than their estimate, so it may be closer to 2800 Lbs.

3) Come to the Porsche Experience Center in LA and get a tour and meet some people very familiar with the T model.

I will definitely drive down from San Jose to visit their facility. As far as the lowering hight, the T is absolutely without a doubt lower than a standard Cayman. I go to several Cars n Coffee and park next to all kinds of late model Caymans and Boxters and you can see the difference.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I had the most frustrating experience trying to find out the weight of my 2021 Cayman T. The base Cayman is reported to be 3010 Lbs with PDK. However, my T is optioned with PCCBs, manual transmission, light weight manual seats and is missing the trunk liner. I was told by the dealer to subtract the following weights from 3010 to get the “guesstimated” weight of my T.

PCCBs = 46 Lbs less
Manual transmission = 107 Lbs less
Manual seats = 19 Lbs less
Total 171 Lbs leas = 2839 Lbs

They seemed to be guessing at the weight saving numbers for the lighter options. This was all very silly to me. Then I ran into some Porsche factory people at Pebble Beach Concourse and told them about my experience trying to learn the weight. They all looked at each other and smiled, then there was a pause like they knew something but were thinking of the appropriate response. Their comments were:

1) Take it to a track and have it weighed on proper scales, then you will know for sure.

2) The dealership seems pretty accurate in their estimations. Although, I believe the PDK is heavier than their estimate, so it may be closer to 2800 Lbs.

3) Come to the Porsche Experience Center in LA and get a tour and meet some people very familiar with the T model.

I will definitely drive down from San Jose to visit their facility. As far as the lowering hight, the T is absolutely without a doubt lower than a standard Cayman. I go to several Cars n Coffee and park next to all kinds of late model Caymans and Boxters and you can see the difference.
Wow that is interesting!

I do not think the PCCB’s are options to choose from in the new configurator. I now hear that to replace the pads and rotors is possibly insanity of a price. 46 lbs of unsprung weight is enormous though.

Being that the Boxster is a little lighter than a cayman, I wonder what a T Boxster is with also using the Full Bucket Seats.

You gave me a lot of good information, that is for certain. Doubting the posted information and then seeing it is full of errors does help me in an odd way. Imagine getting 718 to 2800 lbs! That would be a BRZ limited’s exact weight with immensely more torque and also real hp output. THAT is something i am now wondering if i can create. THAT is what I would want or just an S Cayman focused on raw output. In my mind for me, it’s either A) buy a cannon with leather adorned, or B) buy a lightweight lean pretty machine to test and experiment with. I had a 2017 BRZ pp Limited and the 2800 lbs was the limit as it was a front engine car. Probably, it seems, that a mid-engine Porsche can handle notably more weight and still grip better in a slalom. But imagine a 718 with 2800 lbs?! OoO!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts