Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
I recently had to park in a packed grocery store parking lot. Couldn't find a decent safe (for me) spot, so I parked next to a brand new Ferrari California T. Prior to departure, we arrived simultaneously at our vehicles. My first comment to the F-car owner was "Dang...AND I thought I was nervous about finding a safe parking place."

Apparently, it all depends on one's frame of reference. The F-car driver said he didn't give it a 2nd thought. On the flip side, I blew into the store and shot back to the car, as if I was trying to outrun an avalanche...no dings or dents :cool:.

Perhaps I need a shrink, as I began car ownership the same way with a '74 VW Beatle and never outgrew the "curse." Then again, I never gave any of my 8 company cars a second thought.

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
I definitely try to park safe—wider spots, not next to huge SUVs with baby seats, not next to trashed cars, at end of safe rows so I have lots of door room, close to lights, etc.
But, as a daily driver and my only car, I park. It's insured—I'd hate to have to use it but not one door ding after 3 years. 😀🤞

·
Registered
413 Posts
I recently had to park in a packed grocery store parking lot. Couldn't find a decent safe (for me) spot, so I parked next to a brand new Ferrari California T. Prior to departure, we arrived simultaneously at our vehicles. My first comment to the F-car owner was "Dang...AND I thought I was nervous about finding a safe parking place."

Apparently, it all depends on one's frame of reference. The F-car driver said he didn't give it a 2nd thought. On the flip side, I blew into the store and shot back to the car, as if I was trying to outrun an avalanche...no dings or dents :cool:.

Perhaps I need a shrink, as I began car ownership the same way with a '74 VW Beatle and never outgrew the "curse." Then again, I never gave any of my 8 company cars a second thought.

Without over generalizing, maybe you work hard for a living and appreciate what you have more? Maybe the F-Car driver not so much?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
The 718 has gone.

I did try and sell it online myself on Autotrader earlier this year, but Covid came along and killed the market.

I was looking through some other online adds posted by dealerships and came across the car I was interested in pretty much the spec I wanted.
After a bit of negotiation with the dealership I got a fairly good deal, almost a straight swap.
Guess they were pretty keen on shifting their stock.

9D6B9994-BFE4-4FF5-BCEB-B50D8E9B322E.jpeg

It’s a new Audi Q3 S Line 40TFSi Quattro in Turbo Blue
It’s still a 2 Litre Turbo, but 100hp less.
It comes fully loaded with Bang and Olufsen Stereo and Leather interior etc.

The Q3 although it’s a nice car, is just a car and won’t get the pampering the Porsche did.
Plus I won’t get paranoid about parking it in car parks.

I will miss the 718, but the swap made sense and you’ve got to keep the wife happy.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts