Porsche 718 Forum banner

Too much gas and farting?

6K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Porsche2018 
#1 ·
I always drive my 718BS that is equipped with SC and PSE in Sport mode. I love the enhanced sound with the pops and gurgles ("farts") but I wonder about the long term effect of the enriched fuel mixture on the mechanicals .

Any opinion or true knowledge?

Discussion starter · #18 ·
How many of you other than Yipekiye actually use launch control more than once or twice? :D
Never on my Boxsters or Cayman. I did it once on my 991 Turbo S just to see what 0-60 in 2.9 sec feels like. Kind of scared me - not because of the brutal acceleration - more for the fear of an expensive repair. OTOH some magazines have done 100 launch controls in a row on the Turbo without any issue. OTOH, it ain't their car and they don't have to argue with the service manager.

As far as I can tell, best thing about launch control is for the ragazines and fanboi videos for bragging rights.

Besides there's always the Dodge Hellcat Satan Beelzubub with 800+ hp to pop wheels with and I think that thing is priced about the same as 718S (w/o stealer markup)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.