Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really fortunate to find out this car I bought used had a lifetime ceramic coating on it. Gold package from Cermaic pro….they honored the warranty I just have to bring it in once a year for the top coat….did that today!
Looks amazing and the small chips in the windshield are gone ( for now). Wheels included too

These coating are no joke!
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I was really fortunate to find out this car I bought used had a lifetime ceramic coating on it. Gold package from Cermaic pro….they honored the warranty I just have to bring it in once a year for the top coat….did that today!
Looks amazing and the small chips in the windshield are gone ( for now). Wheels included too

These coating are no joke! View attachment 47687
View attachment 47688
View attachment 47689
Wow, that is fortuitous and excellent warranty service! Beautiful Boxster that appears to be in perfect shape...great find.

Did they fill only the chips, or did they do something to protect the entire windshield that covered chips and pits. My windshield already has a fair amount of pitting that I picked up in along the front range from Trinidad to Boulder...seriously, the amount of rock based "shrapnel" we took on that leg was insane.

Reactions: paison1964

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that is fortuitous and excellent warranty service! Beautiful Boxster that appears to be in perfect shape...great find.

Did they fill only the chips, or did they do something to protect the entire windshield that covered chips and pits. My windshield already has a fair amount of pitting that I picked up in along the front range from Trinidad to Boulder...seriously, the amount of rock based "shrapnel" we took on that leg was insane.
I was actually surprised the chips disappeared. I think it wears off quicker on the glass because the ceramic coating wears with wiper use and the fact that it’s on glass…but I’m happy for now.
I do think there is a film you can put on the windshield …like clear bra…adds protection and might cut down on the chips the way this ceramic coat does. Might look into that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts