Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be trading my 981 series base Cayman on a new 718 Cayman S. I understand that my OEM 18" winter wheel and tire set will fit on the new Cayman S, although I will be a little bit anxious until the wheels are actually installed.

The question is, will the TPMS sensors from the 981 work on the 718? If not I believe I will check tire pressure the old fashioned way during the winter months.

· Registered
6 Posts
I'm thinking of buying some used 981 winter wheels for the new 718 Base Boxster I'm collecting later this year. All the evidence is that they'll fit but the TPMS is incompatible.

Does the car's software accept that there aren't any TPMS sensors or will I get constant "reminders" to fix the problem? I can check the pressure manually, which I've done for many years on previous cars.

My alternative plan is simply to have the local tyre (I'm a Brit) shop swap over between winter and summer rubber, trusting they're careful and don't do any damage. Due to the dreadful condition of local roads I've gone with smaller wheels, so winter tyres are available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.