Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone do for HPDE track day insurance. There seem to be a handful of companies out there. Anyone gotten quotes lately and figured out who has the best price. Also do you get liability to cover the other cars on the track? I've been told the waiver we all sign effectively means everyone is on their own. So there is never an investigation to determine who the at fault party is and therefore the at fault party will not be liable to everyone else.

I realize this has been asked before, but that string was from 2019 so I thought I would restart it.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
730 Posts
Our PCA track days have been incredibly well organized and executed. So, I’ve never purchased insurance...but it does cross my mind during each white knuckle save.

Reactions: cbarra

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I've only had the opportunity to go to two HPDE weekends in 2019 but I managed to go off the track once each weekend (the last one looked quite spectacular, I'm told)! Anyway no harm no foul but as I'm a proven track idiot, I've been getting track insurance for each weekend. Lockton charged me $441 the first time, and $383 the second time.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Take a look at Hegerty. They have kiosks at many of the car and track events. For the record, I have no affiliation with them. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Talking just about collision coverage for the car (there's various other off track and liability options), I've used Lockton and OpenTrack. There is also Hagerty and OnTrack. If you're doing a single DE, they all offer some variation of 10% deductible, declared value coverage. OpenTrack lets you specify between 1 and 4 day event for which the rate changes, not sure if the others do.

If you are doing many events, OpenTrack has an annual policy for unlimited events in 12 months. I've used this, as it has a 5% deductible, ends up cheaper per event than buying one event at time. Also makes sense for me as I often go to half day open track events for which buying single event policies would not be economical. Canadian tracks are also covered. You can separately add liability coverage. The only downside is no time trial coverage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts