Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you running track events, what do you do for your wheels and tires?

I’m not going to buy a trailer and haul, I will drive to my track and back on the track tires. The Michelin cup tires on the GT4 and GT3 is a happy medium but I think I want pure track tires. Gathering what’s been successful for owners to make the best move. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a set of 19” OZ wheels with RE-71R tires. I do about 8 track days per year, so nothing crazy for me. My goal is to keep the stock rims looking as nice as possible, which is tough when you are getting tires installed 3 times a year. I figure I can always easily sell the OZ wheels in the future.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a set of 19” OZ wheels with RE-71R tires. I do about 8 track days per year, so nothing crazy for me. My goal is to keep the stock rims looking as nice as possible, which is tough when you are getting tires installed 3 times a year. I figure I can always easily sell the OZ wheels in the future.
Which model of wheels did you get?

·
Registered
476 Posts
if driving to the track is a must i prefer nitto nt01 or hankook rs-3. i am currently running the nt01 on a set of volk wheels i bought from a friend who sold his r track toy. i still trailer it as i can't fit everything i want into the cayman i have driven them on the street, and they are a little loud for my taste.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if driving to the track is a must i prefer nitto nt01 or hankook rs-3. i am currently running the nt01 on a set of volk wheels i bought from a friend who sold his r track toy. i still trailer it as i can't fit everything i want into the cayman i have driven them on the street, and they are a little loud for my taste.
seems like a lot of Porsche drivers prefer the nittos. I’ll proba give those a shot when I’m ready to swap. The stock advans aren’t terrible, but when I compare them to the grip of R compound tires... I want that traction!

·
Registered
697 Posts

How many track days do those RE-71R tires last you?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am trying to find out if the following setup will clear the wheel arches and not rub ...

Front 255/35 R19 (RE-71R)
Wheel 19x9 ET 50 (Forgeline GS1R)

Rear 285/35 R19
Wheel 19x10.5 ET 35

Front wheel will poke out 13.4mm more than OEM
Rear wheel will poke out 12.0mm more than OEM
Both setups make the inner rim move away from the suspension strut.
Rear wheel will

Anyone had experience with a similar setup ?

·
Vendor
230 Posts
The Apex 19" wheels are going to be available in Fall. They were going to release them with their new forged series (which I wasn't allowed to talk about when I made my previous post), however there have been some delays with that so flow formed 19" wheels will be released and forged will follow.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts