Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally got my track wheels and rubber; (center caps not yet installed) View attachment 23698

What I went with:
  • Wheels - Titan 7 TS-5
    18" x 9" ET46 front; 18" x 10" ET35 rear.
    These are a fully forged wheel (not flow formed) and very strong.
    I tracked a set of these on my E92 M3 and they were flawless.
    I usually use most of the track available including curbing when feasible and never had any issues with bent or broken wheels..
    More info here on the Titan 7s. ......and here

• Tires - Hankook RS-4
    18" 255/35 front; 18" 285/35 rear

I've used these tires before and am very happy with them.
    RE-71R may be a tick faster (also used them before), but the RS-4s last WAY longer and are much better bang for the buck IMO.

• Sizing;
    the tire wheel combo diameters are slightly less than 1.5" compared to stock 20"
    20" front = 26.48; 18" front = 25.03
    20" rear = 27.30; 18" rear = 25.85

The important thing here is both front and rear are reduced in diameter by the same amount, so that the rake of the underfloor is maintained, plus all the car electronics/nannies are kept happy.

Some advantages to the smaller package.
    - lower rear diameter reduces the overall final gearing. (shorter final drive)
    This gives you a little more punch when getting back on the throttle.
    - the car sits approx. .75" lower (I'm already on SPASM)
    This does a couple of things; lowers CofG and should also increase the velocity of air under the car for more downforce.
What color are those wheels? I'm looking to get the same pair / set-up on my 718 GTS

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've done 3 day total with the stock 18" Goodyear Asymmetrics with better than expected results. Wear so far has been minimal with no chunkier or abnormal wear. Grip.... according to the g meter able to pull 1.28 without sliding. When they wear out I'll be evaluating if I should go to something else for better performance. Gonna skip R compound while it's under warrenty..

·
Registered
83 Posts
For those of you looking for forged, I emailed titan 7 asking about a 19" version of their TS5 design and they said it's coming in around a month for our cars. Currently there's only 18" for the TS5 design.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was trying to find Cup2 tyres for my 20" wheels, but it looks like that there is no 235/35R20 size?
Correct. 245 is the narrowest Cup 2 for the 20" size.

Those titan wheels do look tempting. I'm between the 18/19" titan and 19" OZ Leggera HLT. I wonder if the girodisc brake upgrade for our cars would clear the titan wheels. Seems like it shouldn't be an issue? I've been going through OEM drilled ones pretty quickly and at some point it probably makes sense to upgrade....

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have the Titan 18s and love them.
The Giro with larger rotors are going to be close for fitment.
I plan to do a caliper spacer mockup to test this later on.

·
Vendor
230 Posts
I think you'll like the Titan sizes and offsets better. OZ is super conservative with offsets.

The Titan 18s clear my 380mm Brembos on my 987.1 and my 372mm APs on my STI. I don't think there are any brake clearance issues with stock or aftermarket brakes.

Titan does currently have the T-S7:

We're also a Girodisc dealer when you're ready :)

Correct. 245 is the narrowest Cup 2 for the 20" size.

Those titan wheels do look tempting. I'm between the 18/19" titan and 19" OZ Leggera HLT. I wonder if the girodisc brake upgrade for our cars would clear the titan wheels. Seems like it shouldn't be an issue? I've been going through OEM drilled ones pretty quickly and at some point it probably makes sense to upgrade....

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 24054
Here's mine with the aforementioned 18inch Apex wheels and RE71Rs. I got it up to the track but it was unfortunately a rain day and I can't say too much about their performance. It was an ice rink out there. Going out again friday, I'll try and post more then.
Nice! What widths did you go with on those Apexs?

·
Registered
2018 Cayman S
1 Posts
I want to get dedicated track wheels/tires as Im burning up my PS4S fronts on the stock 20 in rims. Sorry for the basic question, but how important is it to have the offset of the wheel Im choosing be close to the factory offset? Id assume there are some negatives to using spacers to compensate. Does anybody have recommendations for 18 or 19in rims that are close to the stock offset? Thanks!

·
Registered
298 Posts
If the offset is wrong, it will cause issues with clearance, either suspension components, brake calipers, and/or fenders. Certain, more aggressive offsets are possible, but may require camber adjustments. Note that with OEM front suspension on a non-GT4, there is limited camber adjustment available.

OZ racing has two options that are very close to OEM offset:
18" - OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT
19" - OZ Racing Leggera HLT

I looked at the Titan 7, but they seem very aggressive, and I had concerns about clearance with my OEM front suspension. The Apex wheels weren't as aggressive, but the OZ Racing wheels are lighter weight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was also looking for an option for 19" aftermarket wheels. But did some calculation and decided for Cup2 245 in front on my stock 20" and its great on the track.

Or go with the Porsche 19" ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was also looking for an option for 19" aftermarket wheels. But did some calculation and decided for Cup2 245 in front on my stock 20" and its great on the track.

Or go with the Porsche 19" ?
For your 20" wheels, what design do you have? I have the Carrera S 20" design and my shop was unable to fit the RE-71R in 245 at the front since it's only 8" wide. I know other 20" designs have a wider front. Maybe the Cup 2s fit different enough that you can get away with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same Carrera S. Guy at the tire shop was struggling for a while, but at the end he managed to fit them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
F: 245/35 R20 B: 265/35 R20
Michelin Cup 2 N1 ( I think )

That was the cheapest option to have Cup 2 with only stock wheels

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't want any trouble with the fitting like in the front, since Cup2 265 exists :)

It is said that 235 Cup2 Connect will be available this summer

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found a good deal on a set of tires that I want to use for my track setup on my 718CS

Size isn't ideal...any thoughts on if PSM will act up on this setup?

F 245/40/19
R 285/35/19

Rims would be
F 19 x 8 +46
R 19 x 10 +36

41 - 59 of 59 Posts