Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2023 718 Cayman S Manual - Guards Red
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am new to this forum and after waiting almost a year got an allocation and the car is being produced as we speak - Cayman S: PPDEIA64

I checked myPorsche app and the summary status still says Phase 1 - order is created but when I click Track your dream, it takes me to show that the Production has started on Jan 17.
Is there a considerable delay between systems to get updated? I have attached the screenshots from the app.

Attachments

· Registered
4,312 Posts
Your experience isn't unusual. You'll find loads of similar inconsistencies in the Waiters Club thread.

Congratulations, your car is almost home.

Reactions: Mohjunk

· Registered
1,497 Posts
Hello all,
I am new to this forum and after waiting almost a year got an allocation and the car is being produced as we speak - Cayman S: PPDEIA64

I checked myPorsche app and the summary status still says Phase 1 - order is created but when I click Track your dream, it takes me to show that the Production has started on Jan 17.
Is there a considerable delay between systems to get updated? I have attached the screenshots from the app.
it does lag until production has completed - my CGTS spend three days on the main production line, then off the CT Assembly for all the Exclusive Manufaktur items on my order; mine spent another two weeks but there were Christmas and New Years holidays during that time.

bear in mind that things can shift back /forth as well, depending on what is taking place at the plant
- once it gets to CP 7.8 (completion) then it will update CP 8.0 is final inspection. In some instances it could move from Phase 1 to Phase 3

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
it does lag until production has completed - my CGTS spend three days on the main production line, then off the CT Assembly for all the Exclusive Manufaktur items on my order; mine spent another two weeks but there were Christmas and New Years holidays during that time.

bear in mind that things can shift back /forth as well, depending on what is taking place at the plant
- once it gets to CP 7.8 (completion) then it will update CP 8.0 is final inspection. In some instances it could move from Phase 1 to Phase 3
Thanks Hall, I will hold tight until the car is at the port here (luckily it comes to Jax and I am 20 mins away from the port)

Mods, you may delete this post. I got the answer to the question I asked.
Thanks,
Mo

· Registered
1,497 Posts
Thanks Hall, I will hold tight until the car is at the port here (luckily it comes to Jax and I am 20 mins away from the port)
Jacksonville is 2nd US stop - the cool part is once yours in "On Vessel" it will have the name of the RoRo ship

mine on the water, just under 2,000mi left to go (approx 43% of the voyage from port elapsed) - mines going to Davisville, RI (1st stop) as I got mine through an out-of-state dealer

if everything goes to schedule, I'll see my CGTS in 19 days > (preview, inspect, documents etc) before I have it picked up and shipped to my home (900 mile trip)

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jacksonville is 2nd US stop - the cool part is once yours in "On Vessel" it will have the name of the RoRo ship

mine on the water, just under 2,000mi left to go (approx 43% of the voyage from port elapsed) - mines going to Davisville, RI (1st stop) as I got mine through an out-of-state dealer

if everything goes to schedule, I'll see my CGTS in 19 days > (preview, inspect, documents etc) before I have it picked up and shipped to my home (900 mile trip)
Fantastic Hall, looking forward to your journey!

· Registered
50 Posts
I’m assuming even the “on vessel” can be incorrect/delayed.

my car was supposed to be offloaded from the Siem Cicero yesterday in Jacksonville. The ship left already and TYD didn’t update. Hopefully they didn’t forget.

· Registered
813 Posts
Hello all,

I saw when the RoRo carrying my car across the ocean was docked in Benicia, CA and TYD said my car was still at the port waiting to be loaded. TYD being off is nothing new.

Once you have the name of the ship carrying your new car you can track it for free. However, the free version won't be able to track the ship when it gets too far from shore. As soon as it gets close again though it will begin tracking it. Here is the link for tracking the ship: Free AIS Ship Tracker - VesselFinder You'll have to search for the ship then track it.

· Registered
6 Posts

I think we are in (on?) the same boat. lol.

· Registered
1,497 Posts
I’m assuming even the “on vessel” can be incorrect/delayed.

my car was supposed to be offloaded from the Siem Cicero yesterday in Jacksonville. The ship left already and TYD didn’t update. Hopefully they didn’t forget.
the vehicles have to be logged through the port processing - probably has all the info uploaded as a batch and then into Porsche's internal tracking system
the way that the dates appear - its more like the "week of" with Port Processing

with my estimated dates its about a week between Port Processing and Arrival at Dealer - my dealer is 126mi from the port

Reactions: nd01

· Registered
1,497 Posts
My car is arriving at the dealership this week and My Porsche still shows Phase 1 of 4. Think I need to just go find someone else's guards red Cayman production photos and pretend they're mine
that's really some messed up tracking!

· Registered
177 Posts
If I ever do this again, I'm ignoring Track Your Dream altogether. For me it was one of the worst elements of the experience, and mine wasn't even off as bad as some others.

The experience was soured so much I don't think I'll ever order a car again. If I can't find one on the lot or used then it's not worth it to me to go through this again. I never thought I had enough patience to wait 6-12 months for a car before, and having gone through it, I don't think I could do it again. The car's cool and all but for those like me who have severe issues with waiting patiently, it was the opposite of fun and borderline unhealthy.

· Registered
1,497 Posts
If I ever do this again, I'm ignoring Track Your Dream altogether. For me it was one of the worst elements of the experience, and mine wasn't even off as bad as some others.

The experience was soured so much I don't think I'll ever order a car again. If I can't find one on the lot or used then it's not worth it to me to go through this again. I never thought I had enough patience to wait 6-12 months for a car before, and having gone through it, I don't think I could do it again. The car's cool and all but for those like me who have severe issues with waiting patiently, it was the opposite of fun and borderline unhealthy.
I understand...23 years ago(!) I ordered my Mercedes - this was during the dot-com boom, before it imploded and the model was very popular and the cabrio version was 18 - 24 months wait, depending on the model. Factory was flooded with dealer spec orders (Silver w/ black interior...yeah, how inspiring) and that backed the entire system up.

spent months waiting on allocation (sound familiar?) with a local dealer (was living in NorCal), crossed model years and after 3 months, I moved to a dealer in SoCal (used my company's satellite office as my 'residence address'.

Still awaited allocations - in the end, it was 5 months, three weeks and three days - I flew down to pick the car up and drive it ~ 500 miles back to home

So I anticipated that Euro makes take time, and anticipated 6 - 8 month's wait for Porsche...
-domestic brands built in North America its 60 - 90 days, unless its allocation **** going on there. (I've done this a couple of times)

So I spent 11 months with local dealer - going nowhere; ended up going with out-of-state dealer that allocation and will fly up to inspect the car, PPF install and do all the docs - fly back and arrange shipping to get my CGTS home (900 mile trip)

the trouble is - with a popular model that isn't high production - its hard to find examples and then in the manner you'd want it.

My philosophy has been when spending significant amounts for the purchase, get it how you want it - despite the wait.

This one's my final vehicle purchase - I'll have a 'fleet' of three vehicles and 9 years out from retirement

Pretty soon there'll be little in the market that appeals to me - with manufacturers racing off to present EV cross overs and precious little else.
I'm not buying any of them - I'm all set for my needs.

Often when I've been at the point where I wanted to get another vehicle - the field is very narrow on what appeals to me. I prefer performance oriented vehicles and that field is ever shrinking - or the cost of admission is getting really expensive

Over 45 years of vehicle ownership the CGTS will be my 9th vehicle in my history - and I still own #6 (22+ years) and will keep it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts