Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Advice that is free is usually worth that much but I have decided to keep my P-car to the speed limit, and advise all new owners to do the same. I have had my Cayman for 3 months and have consistently exceeded the speed limit but have not been caught, and managed this on the country back roads of Texas. I have concluded that I will now do my speeding on the track. I will be attending a track certification course on the 1st of December and will do my high speed antics there.

see weblink to forewarn my 718 brothers/sisters:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/162249-got-a-100-mph-speeding-ticket-now-what.html

Stay Safe!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Join your local PCA club and go to their DE events. The PCA does events really well. They are really safe - you don't need any experience. You'll get an instructor who will go in your car with you.

And it is all legal. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
i could not agree more. i started 10 years ago with my local PCA and it was a great experience which has led me to 4-6 events a year now with our chapter and some other clubs (mid-ohio is about an hour and a half away from me - i am really spoiled). i have a lot of friends as a result and that's led to other great opportunities like heading to daytona for a 3 day DE event in just under 2 weeks. watching the videos from last year GT4s and newer 911s are regularly hitting 160 and beyond down there, but don't get caught up in how fast you can go. it's waaaaayyy more fun in the curves/corners, especially when you hit them just right.

Reactions: Porsche2018

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good choice to do it at the track. Try Hooked on Driving events as well as the club events. HOD is better than most club HPDE's as the coaches go thru a thorough training program (I'm an instructor and have attend a number of HOD sponsored programs put on by Ross Bentley as well as other outstanding instructors), are paid and now recently certified. There's auto-cross type exercises and classroom instruction given before and after you go on the track. HOD treats you like a client with emphasis on safety and common sense fun.
Take it steady and easy, soak up all the knowledge you can about HP driving, and enjoy the challenges along the journey. Don't get caught up in driving over you ability...it can ruin the fun part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts