Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Florida only a few miles from the beach and it is just too nice not to take advantage of that wonderful resource every now and then. I keep a towel, cooler, etc. in the trunk for those spur of the moment decisions to just go and suck up the sun. However, it is virtually impossible to keep sand out of the trunk and it is even more impossible to vacuum it all out of the factory carpet. Therefore, I am looking for a good form fitting liner for the trunk that will allow quick and easy vacuuming. Any suggestions for a quality product that indeed fits well?

A company called Suncoast Parts in Sarasota, Florida advertises a $115.00 liner that looks like something that might work well. Anyone have experience with them? I am on the opposite side of the state so I just can't go get it, they have no rating in Resellerratings.com, and they are not on Amazon so I am reluctant to order anything from them unless I can get a recommendation.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have the Porsche liner for the frunk and trunk. I recommend both, especially the one for the frunk.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I live in Florida only a few miles from the beach and it is just too nice not to take advantage of that wonderful resource every now and then. I keep a towel, cooler, etc. in the trunk for those spur of the moment decisions to just go and suck up the sun. However, it is virtually impossible to keep sand out of the trunk and it is even more impossible to vacuum it all out of the factory carpet. Therefore, I am looking for a good form fitting liner for the trunk that will allow quick and easy vacuuming. Any suggestions for a quality product that indeed fits well?

A company called Suncoast Parts in Sarasota, Florida advertises a $115.00 liner that looks like something that might work well. Anyone have experience with them? I am on the opposite side of the state so I just can't go get it, they have no rating in Resellerratings.com, and they are not on Amazon so I am reluctant to order anything from them unless I can get a recommendation.
If you search for this subject you'll find that you can get a plastic box from Hope Depot that fits perfectly. Sorry, I don't have it or I'd tell you what it is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the Porsche liner for the frunk and trunk. I recommend both, especially the one for the frunk. I will try to post photos tomorrow.
Is the trunk liner a hard material? The frunk liner is great, although expensive. I bought it from Suncoast for my 911. If I have a carton of milk leak once then it pays for itself.

I ask about the trunk liner because I too am in the market for one. I bought one for my wife's Maserati and it's a terrible piece of foam. I don't think Porsche would do that to us, though.

·
Registered
625 Posts

The Porsche trunk and frunk liners are indeed expensive for what they are, but work well. I have, and recommend, both. I've purchased from Suncoast now and again and have only good things to say. You could of course buy the same items at the parts department at your local dealer. What you are looking at are OEM Porsche parts.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The trunk liner is a softer, more flexible, more rubbery material than the frunk liner. They're both good. The trunk liner has a rather low surrounding lip, and so it is not going to contain any significant volume of liquid sloshing around, like the frunk liner could.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The trunk liner is a softer, more flexible, more rubbery material than the frunk linker. They're both good. The trunk liner has a rather low surrounding lip, and so it is not going to contain any significant volume of liquid sloshing around, like the frunk liner could.
Good to know. It looked shallow in the pictures. Dirty things could still go in my trunk, but liquids still in the frunk. :) I had milk spill in my wife's car once and it was a real treat every time the car sat in the sun.

For the OP, Suncoast is great but it might be worth seeing if the local dealer can match the price or come close (if that isn't the list price everywhere). I need to do that myself, as the box the frunk liner comes in his huge so shipping might be a bit much. I had ordered my 911 liner with a bunch of other parts so it wasn't bad, but ordering it alone might not be ideal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is the trunk liner a hard material? The frunk liner is great, although expensive. I bought it from Suncoast for my 911. If I have a carton of milk leak once then it pays for itself.
The frunk liner on the 718 and 911 are the same size.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the $115.00 trunk liner advertised by Suncoast Parts in Sarasota, Florida. It turns out they are a real Porsche dealer with apparently a separate on-line parts department. I do not know if it is a Porsche part or aftermarket. The closest Porsche dealer told me today a trunk liner would cost almost $250.00. That was Brahman Porsche but in sales, service, and parts in their Porsche, Mercedes, and BMW facilities their customer service, from my experiences since 2004, consistently has been as bad as it gets.

·
Registered
2018 718 Boxster GTS
18 Posts
I have the Suncoast listed frunk and trunk liners. They are authentic Porsche parts and have performed very well. Sand in the trunk; ice in the frunk. The frunk liner also works quite well as a removeable tote in a pinch. You'll be satisfied with the extra protection and branding.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I bought the one from Suncoast and it fits and looks real nice .

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Suncoast trunk liner arrived yesterday and it does indeed appear to be a Porsche product. It fit perfectly. It also arrived much quicker than promised so am pleased with the Suncoast service.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts