Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a stage 2 tuned manual GTS, Catless dp,BSR filter and a custom tune.
I just bought another GTS and would like to go all in with the tune, at least 450 whp Öhlins chassis ++
Any advice from you guys, Cobb ? APR? maybe bigger turbos..

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hi
I have a stage 2 tuned manual GTS, Catless dp,BSR filter and a custom tune.
I just bought another GTS and would like to go all in with the tune, at least 450 whp Öhlins chassis ++
Any advice from you guys, Cobb ? APR? maybe bigger turbos..
The biggest issue would still be the intercooler.
If you ad one more, lets say in the trunk i guess you need a custom tune to take full advantage of the extra cooling.
To ad a bigger turbo would also not be an issue.

Or water/meth injection?
It is not very common i Sweden so i dont know what you could find and how to get it to run.
Custom tune for sure.

And one more thing, Galenpanna ;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
The biggest issue would still be the intercooler.
If you ad one more, lets say in the trunk i guess you need a custom tune to take full advantage of the extra cooling.
To ad a bigger turbo would also not be an issue.

Or water/meth injection?
It is not very common i Sweden so i dont know what you could find and how to get it to run.
Custom tune for sure.

And one more thing, Galenpanna ;)
A new intercooler has been designed by my service independent Ninemeister in Warrington Cheshire England, for their race car it was necessary as their car develops over 500HP but heat soaks after 1 dyno run.
The new intercooler is 50% more efficient and my name is down for one along with their race tune and an even larger turbo 😉👍
Email Peter at [email protected] and ask for details of release date, they are at the end of testing and ready for production soon.

500 BHP at the rear wheels is a dream come true for the 718 if everything pans out 👍👍👍

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
A new intercooler has been designed by my service independent Ninemeister in Warrington Cheshire England, for their race car it was necessary as their car develops over 500HP but heat soaks after 1 dyno run.
The new intercooler is 50% more efficient and my name is down for one along with their race tune and an even larger turbo 😉👍
Email Peter at [email protected] and ask for details of release date, they are at the end of testing and ready for production soon.

500 BHP at the rear wheels is a dream come true for the 718 if everything pans out 👍👍👍
I wonder that will do to a tuned car!
Plz give us a full report on your progress :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have driven my first stage 2 tuned GTS 36000 km and on several trackdays, and never had any overheating or limp mode, has this been a problem for you?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have driven my first stage 2 tuned GTS 36000 km and on several trackdays, and never had any overheating or limp mode, has this been a problem for you?
Your car develops nowhere near 550BHP which is roughly what 500RWHP equates to, the car will overheat at this power as the intercooler is struggling to cope with a 430BHP tune which is about the max you can go to with everything tuning wise added on, (bolt on mods only as over 450BHP you need a bigger fuel pump) on anything but a mildly warm day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts