Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
freeze Dec 5, 2021 BGTS 4.0, Adventurine Green, Agate Grey Leather, Carbon Fiber, 457, 630, 9VL, P40
73 Posts
If you have the warranty let them deal with it

I carry a plug kit in my car and a good compressor
I have been plugging my tires for a long time, no problem
I'm often in the middle of nowhere, no cell service, SD, NE, WY ranch land. I love the road less traveled. Used to patch my Silverado HD tires but a lot of effort, steel belts. I'd have to pull the wheel - can't barely get my hand between tire & fender.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2017 Cayman S, APR, Ohlins
227 Posts
yeah, yeah... I put a plug in... still a small leak... take that back, its holding.. and its closer than I remembered to the side then im comfortable with.... UHG! new tire it I$!
Interesting how soft those rubber compounds are. At only 2k miles the pic looks like a fair amount of pitting, at least compared to my 4S.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
392 Posts
Used to patch my Silverado HD tires but a lot of effort, steel belts. I'd have to pull the wheel - can't barely get my hand between tire & fender.
That's why I carry a small scissor jack and lug wrench along with my plug kit. Cell coverage is very spotty in many of the areas I drive.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,999 Posts
id also suggest a 2x6 board... my tire was 100%.. the scissor jack on th Spyder did not fit under the rocker... I had to drive the tire on it to get the clearence
Here's a scissor jack under my base Cayman with PASM (comes in its own case). There is more than an inch to spare so should go under a SPASM car. Here's a crummy picture of it under my car (should be in front of back wheel). Also, it's 12v electric for old lazy guys like me!
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Here's a scissor jack under my base Cayman with PASM (comes in its own case). There is more than an inch to spare so should go under a SPASM car. Here's a crummy picture of it under my car (should be in front of back wheel). Also, it's 12v electric for old lazy guys like me!
View attachment 45279
are the tire inflated? mine was dead flat..there was no way to get the Porsche jack under without something under the tire to get me more clearance. BTW.. thats a great kit!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
View attachment 45279
Got the same jack (I believe on your recommendation) and love its simplicity and functionality! Works perfectly...thanks!

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,999 Posts
Got the same jack (I believe on your recommendation) and love its simplicity and functionality! Works perfectly...thanks!
Let's just hope our bad flats happen to the front tires or we may wish we had @AtoB's wood block! Actually, my Dynaplug repair kit does come with a stopper so if the hole isn't too big, I could probably use that on a rear tire hole to fill the tire enough to get the jack under it. Hope I don't ever have to find out!

·
Registered
34 Posts
are the tire inflated? mine was dead flat..there was no way to get the Porsche jack under without something under the tire to get me more clearance. BTW.. thats a great kit!
is the chasis stiff enough to lift the front from the rear jack point and vicaversa? Seem to remember a posting claiming this was possible

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
is the chasis stiff enough to lift the front from the rear jack point and vicaversa? Seem to remember a posting claiming this was possible
lol.. that is exactly what happened.... I bent the scissor jack crank handle it raising the car... couldn't figure out why'd it was so heavy... then I saw the from tire was off the ground by an inch... that is stiff

·
Premium Member
freeze Dec 5, 2021 BGTS 4.0, Adventurine Green, Agate Grey Leather, Carbon Fiber, 457, 630, 9VL, P40
73 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
You really have to love the folks who preafrood those ads:
height(lifting rang: 4.72~14.72 inch)
Is there a bell on it to tell you when it has reached the end of its lifting rang?

Still, that looks like a nice item to have.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,999 Posts
You really have to love the folks who preafrood those ads:

Is there a bell on it to tell you when it has reached the end of its lifting rang?

Still, that looks like a nice item to have.
This would be perfect for you Jim! Save all your energy for the lug nuts!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
This would be perfect for you Jim! Save all your energy for the lug nuts!
You've been reading my tire-change pit stop chronicles, I see. Yes, it would save me some energy! Probably cut my pit stop time down to only 65 minutes. NASCAR would still eat my lunch.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts