Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a CPO GTS manual with 10K miles.
I'm hearing a very faint rubbing scrapping noise at the rear passenger side. I checked within the wheel well and I see no rub marks. This mostly happens taking off at low speeds and only happen half the time. Once at speed don't hear it any more. Again this is very faint.

Anyone run into this before? How difficult is it to pull the engine compartment cover?

Just bought it only less than a week ago and thinking about returning it if possible, as I'm also hearing a slight clunk noise when shifting into 2nd and releasing the clutch abruptly...

· Registered
438 Posts
Are you hearing the sound when you turn sharply at low speed? If so, it could be the tires juddering because of how the front wheels are aligned. Totally normal, if that's what you're experiencing.

· Registered
5 Posts
Just bought a CPO GTS manual with 10K miles.
I'm hearing a very faint rubbing scrapping noise at the rear passenger side. I checked within the wheel well and I see no rub marks. This mostly happens taking off at low speeds and only happen half the time. Once at speed don't hear it any more. Again this is very faint.

Anyone run into this before? How difficult is it to pull the engine compartment cover?

Just bought it only less than a week ago and thinking about returning it if possible, as I'm also hearing a slight clunk noise when shifting into 2nd and releasing the clutch abruptly...
i don‘t know about the scraping noise, but the clunking noise happens when you release the clutch abruptly. it took me a long time to get the gas and clutch just right going from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. When you do, which is to pause ever so slightly, and lift up on the clutch just right. You can wring it out to 6500 rpm and shift without any clunking. It just takes a lot of practice. I’m sure you’ll get It.

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
T
i don‘t know about the scraping noise, but the clunking noise happens when you release the clutch abruptly. it took me a long time to get the gas and clutch just right going from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. When you do, which is to pause ever so slightly, and lift up on the clutch just right. You can wring it out to 6500 rpm and shift without any clunking. It just takes a lot of practice. I’m sure you’ll get It.
That makes me feel a lot better about the clunk. Thanks!

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you hearing the sound when you turn sharply at low speed? If so, it could be the tires juddering because of how the front wheels are aligned. Totally normal, if that's what you're experiencing.
Yes I would say right after turning a 90 degree onto an intersection at low speed. But I can sometimes hear it going straight at low speed, but again mostly after turning like you said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.